SaadFish

Can you feed goldfish food to other fish

21 posts in this topic

Never done this before but say if you only have goldfish food in stock but you don't keep goldfish of your own and only have tropical fish could you feed that food to the tropical fish in an emergency or should you let them go hungry until you get food for that species.

(This is totally hypothetical and I am just curious)

Also is this brand of fish food good???

Can I ask you to use normal text? This is very small and hard to read. 

I have a catfish with my goldfish so is it okay if that catfish eats some of my goldfish food? I am only trying to feed my goldfish that food but i am afraid my catfish will eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mjfromga said:

Can I ask you to use normal text? This is very small and hard to read. 

Never done this before but say if you only have goldfish food in stock but you don't keep goldfish of your own and only have tropical fish could you feed that food to the tropical fish in an emergency or should you let them go hungry until you get food for that species.

(This is totally hypothetical and I am just curious)l

Also is this brand of fish food good???

The brand of fish food im talking about is (Aquarian)

Image result for fish flakes aquarian

Edited by SaadFish

Normal text, not giant text. Don't know about that food. Not from the UK. Flake food is generally low quality and not advised. 

3 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

I have a catfish with my goldfish so is it okay if that catfish eats some of my goldfish food? I am only trying to feed my goldfish that food but i am afraid my catfish will eat it.

Your issue is that you have a catfish with your goldfish. Address that. Then you won't have this issue. 

6 hours ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

It won't harm your catfish!!.... catfish are scavengers by nature! I'm sure in the wild they eat much more unsavoury things than goldfish food :-)!  Don't worry about it!!

Edited by fingers

42 minutes ago, fingers said:

It won't harm your catfish!!.... catfish are scavengers by nature! I'm sure in the wild they eat much more unsavoury things than goldfish food :-)!  Don't worry about it!!

True. I had Dojo's with my goldfish and feed them algae wafers and other tropical foods and the goldfish will eat at those too. Doesn't hurt them just don't make it there main meal :) 

Get serious, people.  As smart as they are, fish can't read the labels on the food and don't give a tail splash what they say.  Look at the ingredients.

Edited by shakaho

What about that brand?

of fish food it's in my pet store

is it good?

51 minutes ago, shakaho said:

Get serious, people.  As smart as they are, fish can't read the labels on the food and don't give a tail splash what they say.  Look at the ingredients.

The ingredients listed are done in an odd way due to it being a UK food.

Here they are: 

Fish and fish derivatives, cereals, oils and fats, vegetables, derivatives of vegetable origin, fruit, minerals, yeasts, algae. 

There was a recall on this food last year also... 

https://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates/news/2016/15291/aquarian-recalls-two-of-its-fish-food-products

In addition it costs $2-$3 in the local pet stores there same as how Tetra flakes are here. I'm going to say it's not a good food but perhaps I'm wrong. 

You want fish or fish meal as the first ingredient, so that's good.  It's hard to get any information on line concerning fish food or medication.  American ingredient lists have more detail.  I looked at some other UK foods for goldfish and this looks better.  

11 hours ago, shakaho said:

Lol!!.....that is why my fish ask me to read the ingredients out to them!!!!!!! :-)

Lol!!.....that is why my fish ask me to read the ingredients out to them!!!!!!! :-)

Mine want that. It then they ignore me whenever I try to talk to them.

1 hour ago, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Mine want that. It then they ignore me whenever I try to talk to them.

It's when they ask for the wine list I have a problem!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, fingers said:

It's when they ask for the wine list I have a problem!!!!!!

:tomuch: 

So this food is bad/good

aquarian-goldfish-flakes-200g.jpg

It's OK.

32 minutes ago, shakaho said:

It's OK.

Thanks

there is a tropical version of it Im gonna buy it and give it to my zebra danios

I think they are bored of their current food

I was gonna say that the tropicals would probably be fine with the goldie food.  I have a couple of Red Wags in my goldfish tank.......they don't seem to mind eating goldfish food!!(Or...............most likely they have know idea WHAT kind of food it is & will eat ANYTHING!!!!) IF I dropped in some TROPICAL FOOD  I am certain that the goldies would go into Feeding Frenzy Mode and gobble up EVERYTHING!!! They do not discriminate!!