Kokos Goldfish Forum
lio1212

Too Many Goldfish?

As of right now, I own two comet goldfish, both purchased from a local Petco. They are both about an inch long, and are currently living in a 10 gallon tank. I'm aware this is too small, but for my next birthday I will be purchasing a 50 gallon. I would like to get one more comet, another one a little smaller than an inch. Would this be okay to house for the next five months, until my next birthday?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wecome to Kokos!!!

Wecome to Kokos!!!
thanks!

Welcome to Kokos!   Please read our guidelines for healthy goldfish.  Yes, you can keep 3 small comets in a 10 gallon tank for 5 months, IF you change 5 gallons of water every day and don't overfeed.  

Why do you want to get another fish now?  You really shouldn't keep more than three goldfish in a 50 gallon tank.  Believe me, when you get that birthday tank, you will want to get another fish, and you won't have space for it.

Welcome to Kokos!   Please read our guidelines for healthy goldfish.  Yes, you can keep 3 small comets in a 10 gallon tank for 5 months, IF you change 5 gallons of water every day and don't overfeed.  
Why do you want to get another fish now?  You really shouldn't keep more than three goldfish in a 50 gallon tank.  Believe me, when you get that birthday tank, you will want to get another fish, and you won't have space for it.
Thanks! I do not plan on purchasing any more after this one.

The other question is when is your birthday. If its going to be by xmas I would say no. If its going to be in a month or so then I would say maybe :)