Kokos Goldfish Forum
mjfromga

Asteroid - comet thingy

Before and now. Got her in early February. 14 grams in first photo. She is now 55 grams in second. She's a fatty. She's just a regular goldfish. My only one. 29 cents. Biggest feeder in the tank. I guess regular goldfish grow faster than fancies because she's outgrown most of them already in just a few months. 

DSCN4316_zpsdgblw1ay.jpg

GEDC0754_zpsat0bzhid (1).jpg

DSCN4057_zpsfdigttix_kindlephoto-111371649.jpg

GEDC0747_zpsyixp9xa9 (1).jpg

GEDC0748_zpscq0szyv4 (1).jpg

She looks great Myra!!!!

Aww, my Comet grew really fast, too! They definitely grow faster than fancies, imo.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

She's looking great! My comet Pinkie is growing pretty fast but not this fast, she grew fast for the first 2 months and has now slowed down a lot/ Most of my fish dont grown fast though

Thank everyone. She's the queen. Outgrown almost all the fancies in only a few months. Silly comet thingy. 

Adorable.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

On 7/16/2017 at 6:33 AM, FishyMandy said:

She's looking great! My comet Pinkie is growing pretty fast but not this fast, she grew fast for the first 2 months and has now slowed down a lot/ Most of my fish dont grown fast though

Two weeks and shes had another growth spurt. What? The fancies don't grow like this at all. She's gotten even bigger. She's now 63 grams. Had a beam loose so drained the pool and she did look bigger.

GEDC0764.JPG

GEDC0765.JPG

WOW!!! She looks great!!!! Hope your doing well Myra!!!

I'm well Dawn. Thanks. This fish really belongs in a bigger pond honestly with fish her type. I may try and rehome her. 

21 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

I'm well Dawn. Thanks. This fish really belongs in a bigger pond honestly with fish her type. I may try and rehome her. 

Maybe another pond just for her :teehee 

What's wrong with your pond for her?   She  has clearly thrived there.

55 minutes ago, shakaho said:

What's wrong with your pond for her?   She  has clearly thrived there.

There's nothing WRONG with the pond but I think she probably would be happier in a deeper and more spacious pond with faster fish to school with.

I know a lot of Koi people who have bigger ponds with regular goldfish that she would probably fit into better. 

Goldfish don't school -- at least not mine.  All of my goldfish prefer and do better in shallow water and only the small guys swim fast.   My largest pond is only 500 gallons and it has some 9"+sl  comets and 6"+sl fancies.  They all just meander around the pond checking for any possible food sources.

1 hour ago, shakaho said:

Goldfish don't school -- at least not mine.  All of my goldfish prefer and do better in shallow water and only the small guys swim fast.   My largest pond is only 500 gallons and it has some 9"+sl  comets and 6"+sl fancies.  They all just meander around the pond checking for any possible food sources.

Mine don't School but they do hang out with here buds :) 

I have currently 21 fish in 500 gallons which is pushing it. I sort of like my regular goldfish. It makes her special being all regular and stuff amongst my fancies. Hopefully she doesn't get ginormous. I haven't decided anything yet. 

I think she looks to be doing very well as is, I don't see the need to move her somewhere else when she is doing so well :) She looks great!

She will stay for now. If she gets giant, I MAY try and get her a bigger home but not sure. At least she's not a male. She would batter my poor female fancies badly in a spawn. But the male fancies have trouble trying to spawn with her. Too slow.