Kokos Goldfish Forum

Hi!  I'm new here.  I unexpectedly became a home for 3 gold fish July 4.  My daughter fell in love with a microscopic telescope mixed variety goldfish, that was the tiniest in the tank of baby goldfish, and he/she was the only telescope.  I fell in love with what was sold to me as a Ryukin, but I'm not so sure if he/she is a full Ryukin or mixed with something else, but he/she is gorgeous.  I contacted a friend to see if was still using a tank I had given her several years ago, and she was for an oranda who has a bad case of swim bladder issues, so she gave me an Aqueon 26 gal tank, Aqueon quiet flow 30 gal filter (along with a filter she took out of her running tank so I could have the bacteria), as well as an orange female oranda she had to rehome, because it ended up being the only female in a tank of males, and she was being bullied.  I have an Aqeuon 50 quiet flow filter on the way, and I do have some bubble stones for extra water movement.  I use Seachem Prime and have been doing water changes, trying to get the tank cycled and keep the ammonia at a safe level.  They are all very happy with each other, and are fun to watch swimming around.  I'm looking forward to learning a lot on this forum and this page, and as soon as I can figure out how to attach pics (they are all on my phone), I would love to share them.  We're still working on names..

You can just upload to the site :) Since photo bucket is being a poop I let everyone upload to the site now :) 

:hi

and

:welcome 

I'll get it figured out eventually!  These are my 3.  We know the orange oranda is a female (we took her from a friend who needed to rehome her, and gave a spare tank and everything we needed to get going.  The itty bitty is a telescope.  He was the tiniest fish in the store, and my daughter had to have him/her.  The large calico was sold to me as a Ryukin, but he doesn't look like the ones I have seen on this page and online.  He's gorgeous on the other side.

Just now, dubbergirl said:

I'll get it figured out eventually!  These are my 3.  We know the orange oranda is a female (we took her from a friend who needed to rehome her, and gave a spare tank and everything we needed to get going.  The itty bitty is a telescope.  He was the tiniest fish in the store, and my daughter had to have him/her.  The large calico was sold to me as a Ryukin, but he doesn't look like the ones I have seen on this page and online.  He's gorgeous on the other side.

No photo yet :( 

Trying again.  Let me adjust settings on photobucket.

IMG_3750.jpg

Just now, dubbergirl said:

Trying again.  Let me adjust settings on photobucket.

IMG_3750.jpg

Wait Wait!

Photobucket changed its service unless you pay for it now you can't use them for 3rd party sites. That means posting to us. :(

So just upload them to here... I made a thread on how to do it :)

WOW they are very pretty. Great job on the photos :)

I would say he looks to me more like a fantail than a ryukin :) 

They had a tank today that had babies listed as Ryukin mix, and they looked more Ryukin (were gorgeous red and white, and a pretty calico looking one).  We're attached now, so he/she has a forever home with us.  Can't to watch the tiny baby grow up.

Welcome to Kokos!!!!

These guys are getting an upgrade soon.  Someone posted the leaked Black Friday ad for Petsmart, and they have a 60 gal tank/hood/stand combo by Marineland for $150. I told hubby it was what I really wanted for Christmas, and he thought about it and said ok.  I'm so excited!  The large calico (Rocket) has grown a lot since coming home with me.  The oranda (Aang) has stayed the same size (we know for sure she's a she) and the baby telescope (RedRum) has grown, but is still rather small.  I'm guessing because I've not put a heater in the tank to warm up the water to speed up the growing process.  They all get along beautifully, and are fed a varied diet, so I know nothing is lacking.  

Beautiful Goldfish!!!

Need new pictures.

Edited by Hidr

Meet Google Magoo.  Celestial/telescope mix.  The eyes got me 💜💜👀

My Red/white lion head.  Still looking for the perfect name.  Unfortunately, still being called half and half, since that was how we were referencing it when trying to choose between the lion heads.  Eye on the other side tilts up, so the goldfish guru at my LFS gave this one to me for free.

My black Moore.  Goldfish guru gave her to me, because she has a cataract and is blind in one eye.  She was there for months and no one was interested in her.  My son calls her Prophecy 😂😂😂

Calico fantail is Rocket.  Still has the bright darkish red/orange on the opposite side.

Oranda is currently named Aang by my son, but I really want to change her name.

The baby calico telescopes are my daughter’s.  RedRum has grown some since July and hoping he/she will grow more now that we found a beautiful butterfly telescope that is closer in size.  Name still pending on that one.

0E5AA0AB-C870-4C95-895E-2805C205482B.jpeg

5D885BAE-6C33-4E72-ACBE-1F84DC19AAF6.jpeg

0F51121F-86B9-4789-9A4B-A15BC94E3DD6.jpeg

8065D440-E88A-4805-BCE2-2647033D748C.jpeg

44895D2C-59C6-4C0F-BFB3-74CCF5C15BE0.jpeg

04A9EE2E-44C0-44AC-A9DC-FE34C9229A30.jpeg

D1DD2A10-6959-4748-ADFC-EA9D513179D6.jpeg

719F0B77-2A16-473E-90AC-B157DB5510F0.jpeg

Gorgeous!!!!