• * Ammonia Level(Tap) - 0
  • * Nitrite Level - 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) - 0
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)  - 7.6
  • Other Required Info:
    • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops
    • * Water temperature? Room temperature, maybe 18 degrees
    • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 137 gallons and two months (used cycled media)
    • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Eheim 600 cannistee
    • * How often do you change the water and how much? Every 4-5 days by 50-70%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days 70%. Been doing more frequently lately
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 comet, 1 oranda. About 6 inches 
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime.
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Give the brand, type of food (sinking/floating pellets, gel food, steamed vegetable, etc.), and how frequently you feed each. - Hikari sinking pellets & vegetables occasionally twice a day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? The oranda about one month ago, no quarantine because im stupid and I treated both with praziquantel cause the comet was due anyway
  • * Any medications added to the tank? None in water column
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Had a thread here earlier on a different account where I treated the comet(preventative as other sick fish in tank) for flukes and a bacterial infection with furan, salt and praziquantel. Metroplex/Kanaplex in the food in past week and praziquantel just before this at several doses.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Had a  huge blood spot in his fin, which has 'healed' into a white mark and has red cloudy patches at the base of his dorsal and tail fin.Thought was initially flukes detaching during treatment but it got huge and thought it could be bacterial as my water is pristine.Its worse on one side  Both fish had white stringy feces and transparent very long strings initially which was cleared up by the Metroplex and is no longer an issue. The redness appeared after this. The oranda is pretty floaty but not in anyway sick and fins/body are fine think its normal swimming problems with fancy fish.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Keeps darting erratically shaking his head, twitching/flicking fins and fin clamped at times, although it is infrequent. His behaviour is not getting worse, but still has white marks and redness. Is still energetic and swimming around and eating. His new tank mate SEEMS to be healthy
  •  
  •  
  • Will put pictures in now from phone, sorry for bluntness this was written with a broken keyboard lols. 

rlrrCo0.jpg

ftBxvKS.jpggu66Opb.jpg

Edited by shakaho
fix typo

5.0 nitrates sorry I can't manage to edit the post On my phone, 

Welcome to Kokos and hope your Goldfish feels better.

Thanks Dawn. I had an account before but lost access and Arcticmama (mainly) along with a few others tried to help with mouth rot, but a welcome is always great. One fish passed and this little one pulled through before thanks to them. 

Would like to salt as a go to usually but 137 gallons is a lot of salt and dont want to continue with anything until these guys have any thoughts, :)  

The fish look healthy to me.  

You might try salt dips for both fish.  Do a 1% dip, and it the fish stays upright for the full 5 minutes, do a 2% dip the next day, if not, repeat the 1% dip the next day.  Follow the same procedure with 2% dips, repeating until the fish stays upright the full 5 minutes.  Then advance to 3% dips doing these every other day for a week.

Would you clarify the prazi treatments?  How many days of prazi?

The oranda has no symptoms and only the comet is off.

I done one round of prazi because of their odd stool & new fish added, left it in for a few days then water changed and put a second round in, left it for a few days and then done a third but with no salt . Confused cause the frantic darting into walls is of only ONE fish.

Do you think the darting/head twitching could be irritation from flukes detaching? It just seems like theres still something bothering him, although not life threatening but since the mouth rot ordeal withmy last fish which started red and cloudy, im on high alert for waiting too long.

He had no symptom's of red fins and darting til AFTER the prazi btw. 

He had red blood spots in his dorsal and front fin which were 5p sized after treatment also. 

Edited by Lalala

Let's try a safe, cheap treatment for internal parasites, which could cause the stringy poop..  

Make a 3% solution of epsom salt (magnesium sulfate).  When you are ready to feed, drip the solution on the pellets, slowly adding as much as the pellets will soak up. Then feed these, one at a time to the fish, giving as many as they will eat.  Here's my source for that treatment.  (The discussion becomes quite entertaining.)

Dumb Yankee here.  How big is a 5p?:blush:

Emmmm took up maybe 1/5 of his dorsol fin for the 5p measurement. lol :) there was smaller red marks which are where his fins are now speckled white in the photo

I feel stupid now for making this topic because he seems to have got tremendously better in the past two days behaviour wise and is perking up. I wish I knew the epsom salt before using harsher things like metro which mostly cleared the internal parasites as symptoms improved. I dont have epsom salt so ill order some now, hopefully wont have to use it if he keeps getting better.  Will update

First and last time I will ever use prazi with no salt alongside it. Think it may been flukes detaching in an alrrady stressed fish

Glad he is doing better.  :thumbup2:

After trying to treat him for 1 week and I then make a post, he decides to get better lol. Thank you for the epsom salt advice I thought it was only for dropsy. :)