Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoggleHat

New fish has swim bladder and dark spot on fins/scales

16 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

But he's upside down on the bottom. There's something else going on. Most often, swim bladder issues cause a fish to swim upside down but be stuck at the top. Where did you get these sick fish? Do us a solid and tell us so that we won't make the mistake of ordering from them. 

It was from SmokyMountainKoi an eBay store. They gave me a full refund, but... Yeah...

17 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

But he's upside down on the bottom. There's something else going on. Most often, swim bladder issues cause a fish to swim upside down but be stuck at the top. Where did you get these sick fish? Do us a solid and tell us so that we won't make the mistake of ordering from them. 

Do you have any ideas what it could be or how I may be able to fix it? He also seems to have small spots of his body that seem to be eaten away by a virus or something. I noticed on in particular that was near his tail. It looked like a small chunk of his skin was missing...

12 hours ago, GoggleHat said:

Do you have any suggestions for what kind of container and how I could maintain it?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-40-Qt-Premium-Underbed-Box-in-Clear-PC271606-001/204793104

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00130129/

Either one of these kinds would be fine. Then you will need an airstone and air pump. 

Also if you can you might want to Duckweed if the fish is still eating.

I would but in some Epsom salt in there too for now. Going to report to the team and see if there is any meds that might help this. 

IM so sorry for your loss.

Im sorry. A fish in that state is almost impossible to save :(