Kokos Goldfish Forum

Okay guys @koko wanted me to start a new thread with the fish I have now. Soxxy passed away, now I just have mae and beauty. Mae is acting like she has swim bladder now and Beauty still bottom sitting. I gave Mae some of the medicated food with metroplex. I added salt to the tank. What should I do? ?

Oh and I got all of this only filter and water still cloudy. 

IMG_0390.JPG

in tank...

pH: 7.6

Ammonia: 0.5ppm 

Nitrite: 0ppm

Nitrate: 0ppm (WHY?)

Doing a large water change. Like 70% then I'll add the salt back in. Other ideas? I can't loose these guys too. :cry

Edited by shelbysfish

So sorry for your loss. RIP Soxxy. My BEST to Mae & Beauty.

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank): 0-.25ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank): 0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank): about 20ppm, maybe a little less
    • -----
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)- 0ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)- .25ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)- 
    •  
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) : 7.6ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): definitely in the high range ph, over what my regular ph tester could find
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?: drops, master freshwater test kit
      • * Water temperature?: 76-78f
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?: 30g, one year
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?: quiet flow Aqueon 55
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?: 2 times a week, 50%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?: Thursday, 50%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?: 3, small. Probably 3 inches for the bigger ones, Soxxy is only 2in.
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?: Prime, WonderShell, when it gets super cloudy like it is I have put in Aqueon Water Clarifyer.
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?: Variety of green beans, green solient Gell, seaweed by Omega One.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?: Beauty, a month ago.
  • * Any medications added to the tank?: No.
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.: None thus far.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?: No fungus or frayed fins, all other fish looks fine, Soxxy is just my problem. D:
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?: No!

OKay hun... Man. 

Lets for one have two filters in this tank if you can. This will help with cleaning the tank out. When you clean out your only filter it can cause this small bump and make Green water. If you can I would go with a Sponge filter set up hun. :)

This is how I do my 36 gallon bow tank. I got a 70 AC HOB and a sponge filter too. So when I clean my HOB I let my sponge stay in there getting all dirty till I can see it needs to be rinsed and then I don't clean my HOB for a week after I clean my Sponge :)

When you can get me a video hun :) 

How is it going. ?