Kokos Goldfish Forum
xStatic

Suna has dropsy ):

Came home to find Suna sitting at the bottom of the tank today and noticed right away he has dropsy ): Feeling really bummed about it... it came on suddenly and hit really fast. If he makes it though the night I'll be heading to the store in the morning to pick up clove oil and euthanize. He's been having some mild floaty issues on certain foods lately, but other than that he seemed normal. Poor little guy ):

Aw I'm very sorry. I hate dropsy, I've only had one fish make it through it (that hasn't relapsed soon after)

Im so sorry to hear that hun :hug 

I'm so sorry. I recently lost a fish to dropsy. I tried medicating, but you know, I hate that helpless feeling dropsy gives you. I'm very sorry you're going through this.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hope Suna feels better.

Thanks everyone ): he made it through the night and has actually been perky, actively swimming, and eating. But his scales are still raised and it's quite advanced at this point. I think I'll leave him be so long as he's acting normally, and when he starts showing symptoms of suffering I'll probably euthanize. I don't really have it in me to put him through intense treatment attempts when the likelihood of him fully recovering from the dropsy is so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was doing so well yesterday but I found him nearly unresponsive on the bottom this morning. I moved him to a smaller container without currents and I'm going to euthanize shortly ): a very sad morning here...

IM sorry to hear that.  :hug

I'm so sorry :( I hate it when things progress so quickly but also find it comforting to know they weren't suffering for long