Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exoskeletron

sick fish - tried everything - ready to give up :(

Hey everybody,

Thanks in advance for reading. I'll get right to the point. I have two beautiful goldfish and they both have some kind of infection which is causing them to break out in white bumps. I have had fish for many years and I take the care of my pets extremely seriously, like to the point of OCD. I'll let you know right now I have no pictures to share because the spots simply do not show up on camera. I took over 200 pics and none of them show clearly what the bumps look like (so frustrating). But I will tell you everything I can about the situation and I hope PLEASE PLEASE that someone will have some advice.

I've had the fish for 6 months. They are both about 2 inches long and I have them in a 30 gallon, bare bottom tank. The tank is extremely well filtered with 2 aquaclear 70s. ph has been at 7.5 for the entire time I've had the fish. Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates below 5. All these parameters have been consistent.

After a month I noticed a few of these white bumps on fish#1's tail. After another month there were many bumps on the tail fins. A few bumps/spots appeared on the side fish#1 as well as on her head, and I've seen something that looks like mild fin rot on her. These seem to be different infections but I don't know. The bumps are consistent in size, maybe 2mm across. This is NOT an ich infection. It looks nothing like ich and the ich treatments I've tried have not worked.

After 6 months and many treatments attempted, fish#1's tail is covered in bumps, and now they have started to appear on fish#2's tail fins. I should mention the fish eat normally, swim around fine, show no signs of distress, lethargy or fin clamping. 

Treatments I've tried:
- 1 tspn salt /gallon: no effect
- 1 tbsp salt / gallon: cleared most white spots after a week of treatment, but they appeared again almost overnight after putting her back in the regular tank with no salt. 
* important point: the spots change between bright white and cloudy white, and almost invisible, but they seem to remain in place 
- Prazipro
- Kanamycin
- MinnFinn: had to stop mid treatment as the fish were very stressed
- Melafix, Pimafix
- increased tank temperature (82F)
- 82F + 1 tbsp salt

Unfortunately none of these treatments have had any lasting effect. None of them have actually had any real effect on the infection except the 1 tbsp salt / gallon and I think that only suppressed them. PLEASE let me know anything you think I should try. I seriously love these gorgeous fish, but if I can't figure this out soon, I feel compelled to euthanize them, which would absolutely break my heart into a million pieces, so please help!!

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

Please follow this instruction. Copy the form, paste it in your post, and fill in your answers after the questions.  If you can't copy and paste, just quote the form.  To help us even more, you can italize or color your answers, to make them easy to find, but you don't have to do that.  

Feel free to use metric units, I didn't use both systems here to keep things compact.  

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)  If you have a test kit, take these readings before you do a water change. If you don't have a test kit and can't get one immediately, please take samples of tank and tap water to your fish /pet store and request a test. Demand numbers for each test.
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) Please test tap water. It may contain ammonia or nitrate.  Tap water often varies in quality with weather/season, so don't just report an old test.  
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) Difference in the pH of tank and tap can cause distress in your fish. We need both tap and tank results. 
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)   If you don't have KH and GH tests and have municipal water, you can often get this information from the water company.
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?  Please answer both brand and type.
      • * Water temperature?  If you don't use a heater, give the the air temperature. 
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?  Please answer both questions. If you aren't sure of the volume of the tank, give the length, width, and height. 
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? By the "size" of the filter we mean the gph/lph that it claims to turn over.
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? Please answer both questions.
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Please answer both questions
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? You may give the weight of each fish or the length.  For goldfish, include the variety, and use (and indicate that you used) the standard length (sl) -- the length from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail fin.  You can estimate length. For example: 1 oranda, 3" sl, 2 pearlscales 1.5" and 2" sl.  For other species of fish that don't vary in tail length, you may use total length, from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail fin,  but please specify.  For example: 2 bristlenose plecos 3" tl 
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Water conditioner means the agent used against chlorine.  If you don't use a water conditioner, say why, for example, "well water."  "Water additives" include anything else that you regularly or recently have added to your water, including buffers, water clarifiers, algaecides, etc.
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Give the brand, type of food (sinking/floating pellets, gel food, steamed vegetable, etc.), and how frequently you feed each.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? If you have added new fish in the past few months, indicate which ones,  the duration of quarantine, and any treatments you used during quarantine
  • * Any medications added to the tank? This includes any used recently or currently in the tank.
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.  This can be a long answer if you have a sickly fish.  You can link to old D/D threads if we have advised on treatment before.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? List all physical symptoms.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? List all behavioral symptoms.

Also it may be hard to get photos but please do. Even the tank would be nice too :) 

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)  under 5
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)  0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0  
    • * Ph Level: 7.5 
    • GH: 160ppm
    • KH:  50ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tap: 7.4
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?  API, drops
      • * Water temperature?  78 
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?  30g, 8 months
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2x   AquaClear 70
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? weekly, depends but its usually 15%, sometimes 30%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? yesterday, 20% change
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 lionhead ranchu 2", 1 panda ryukin 2"
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? currently I use Prime (Seachem) but sometimes use AquaSafe Plus (Tetra), and lately I've been using Stability (Seachem) because I bought a new filter
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Give the brand, type of food (sinking/floating pellets, gel food, steamed vegetable, etc.), and how frequently you feed each. oh geez, everything. I give them blanched strips of romaine, chard, spinach and kale maybe 3x a week. I give them some sinking algae wafers once a weekish, sinking hikari lionhead pellet food 1-2x weeklyish, and the other days I give each fish about 1 cubic centimeter of homemade fish food (blanched veggies, crushed pellet food, crushed algae wafer, babyfood, gelatin, kanaplex, antibacterial MedFinn food pellets), and I have given them chopped and blanched waxworms a few times
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? none
  • * Any medications added to the tank? the tank currently has 1 tspn of salt/gallon and a double dose of Prazipro
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.  
    I'm going by memory and estimation as I kind of panicked and used a lot of medications and didn't use any long enough when the infection first started..oops
    1. 1 tspn salt/gal with 80F water temp for almost a month - spots kind of diminished but still lingered
    2. Melafix and Pimafix for two weeks - no effect
    3. Prazipro for a week, and then another week a few weeks later - spots diminished but lingered
    4. Ick/cure w/ methylene blue for about 2 weeks - no effect
    5. Kanaplex with kanamycin by Seachem added to the homemade food - no effect
    6. MedFinn for gram negative bacteria added to homemade food - no effect
    7. MinnFinn which is hydrogen peroxide and periodic acid (?) - after 10 minutes of treatment my fish were clearly flipping out so I ended the treatment
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? white spots about 2mm wide, uniform in size and shape, form in lines on the tail fins, fish#1 also had a whitish growth along the top of one back fin, small white patches on her head and one of each side, and also a slightly bloody looking patch on her head which disappeared after a couple days. Fish 2 has only shown the white bumps.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? not that I can tell

**also I'm totally willing to share the garbage pics I took of the fish but I'm not sure how to attach pictures to posts

Edited by exoskeletron
caveat

Welcome to Kokos. Hope your Goldfish feels better.

Please read our guidelines for healthy goldfish.  You will see that if you provide 20 gallons of water per goldfish, and provide adequate filtration, you should change a minimum of  50% of the water weekly.  For any fish ailment, we first recommend clean water.  I'm sure you change so little water because of advice, but unfortunately bad advice for a goldfish tank..  I suggest you change 50% of the water daily for three days, then change 50% weekly.  

Do you have substrate (sand, gravel, etc.) in the bottom of the tank.  If so, what kind and how deep?

How often do you clean your filters, and how do you clean them?

We would like to see a full tank view as well as shots of the fish.  To put a picture in your post you must first upload it to a photo host, such as Photobucket,  and then copy it from there and paste it into your post.

Displaying fish.jpg

ok so those crap looking pics from my iphone are really the best I can do. 

Hey Sharon, thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it.  Wow, 50% water changes each week, that does sound like overkill, but I'll give it a try since you suggested it. I'm confused though. If my ammonia and nitrites are 0 and my nitrates are pretty close to 0....what is the point of doing dramatically larger water changes? I'm not trying to be annoying here, but I'm a busy mom with a full time job and I didn't realize the goldfish would require a 40 gallon tank and huge water changes each week. I'll do it if you think that's what is needed to help my fish, but again, water quality is pretty much pristine, so why do I need to do big water changes. I'm not questioning your judgement, I just would like an explanation instead of directives. 

To answer your questions, I have a bare bottom tank, no substrate. I clean the filter media at least once a month and I do so by removing the media and then swishing it around and squeezing it vigorously inside the water I just removed from the tank (during a water change). If the media still looks really brown and dirty afterwards I throw it away and replace with new media, but I only do that with one piece at a time, not all the media at once obviously. 

I would LOVE more responses and second opinions. Are you guys seriously all changing 50% of your water each week? What about people with 100 gallon tanks? you're swapping out 50 gallons every week?!

I find it disappointing that I've gotten almost no responses and that no one has mentioned any treatments. :(   This is the fifth fish forum I've gone to for help and no one has been able to offer any advice beyond referencing basic goldfish caresheets. Is there seriously no one that has any advice that can help me? :( :(:( 

They need a photo to see what they are working with. I'm not certain how you expect a diagnosis without photos. It's like going to the doctor and saying you have a rash on your stomach but then refusing to lift your shirt so he can see. He wouldn't try and treat you. He would tell you he can't help you. Same goes here. And I realize goldfish requirements seem excessive and almost ridiculous, but I assure you they are necessary in the long run. 

Edited by mjfromga

mjfromga, thank you for the reply!

I apologize about the picture, I really do. I do not have an underwater camera, I just have an iphone and I don't have a clue how people get good pictures of their fish while they are swimming around under water. 

I just find it implausible that no one can give any advice without seeing closeup pictures of the white spots. Everyone knows that a lot of fish illnesses look the same, so what grand revelation are you going to have if you see a picture of my goldfish. Here how about this one: 
Image result for goldfish with white spots

this is not my fish, but the picture does look quite a lot like what is on my fish's tail. My point here is that pictures don't solve the diagnosis problem. Guys, I'm not on here to socialize, or to join your community. I'm here to save my fish and if I'm able to do that I'm am very unlikely to post here again. So please please stop focusing on enforcing the rules of this forum and try to help me!! You know the conditions of my tank, you know what medications have had no effect, you have read my description of what is happening to my fish, so PLEASE STOP INSISTING ON PICTURES, and at least give me a guess as to what could help. You people are the experts and I KNOW that you don't make diagnoses by looking at pictures. I'm going to do the 50% weekly water changes, and I'm going to buy a bigger tank when I'm able to, but I need advice on how to kill the infection, not the beginners guide to keeping goldfish.

Also, someone please educate me as to why giant water changes are needed when the water conditions are pristine. Again, I'm not challenging you, I will do the 50% water changes, but if the water changes are not needed to reduce ammonia, nitrites or nitrates, what am I doing them for?

Edited by exoskeletron

37 minutes ago, exoskeletron said:

mjfromga, thank you for the reply!

I apologize about the picture, I really do. I do not have an underwater camera, I just have an iphone and I don't have a clue how people get good pictures of their fish while they are swimming around under water. 

I use my Samsung phone all the time. yes it is very hard to take photos of them in the tank. best way to do that is to put them into a bowl and try to get a video of the fish. :)

I just find it implausible that no one can give any advice without seeing closeup pictures of the white spots. Everyone knows that a lot of fish illnesses look the same, so what grand revelation are you going to have if you see a picture of my goldfish. Here how about this one: 
Image result for goldfish with white spots

this is not my fish, but the picture does look quite a lot like what is on my fish's tail. My point here is that pictures don't solve the diagnosis problem.

Photos do help a lot with fish. There are so many diseases and how people describe the problem might be different from person to person. 

We have seen these from time to time :o

Guys, I'm not on here to socialize, or to join your community. I'm here to save my fish and if I'm able to do that I'm am very unlikely to post here again. So please please stop focusing on enforcing the rules of this forum and try to help me!!

These aren't Rules of the forum. These are general guidelines that most Goldfish hobbyists use. Most of us have been raising goldfish for many years and have found doing things this way makes life easier for the owner and makes the fish happier.

You know the conditions of my tank, you know what medications have had no effect, you have read my description of what is happening to my fish, so PLEASE STOP INSISTING ON PICTURES, and at least give me a guess as to what could help. You people are the experts and I KNOW that you don't make diagnoses by looking at pictures. I'm going to do the 50% weekly water changes, and I'm going to buy a bigger tank when I'm able to, but I need advice on how to kill the infection, not the beginners guide to keeping goldfish.

You have to first start at the top and then go from there. 

Also, someone please educate me as to why giant water changes are needed when the water conditions are pristine. Again, I'm not challenging you, I will do the 50% water changes, but if the water changes are not needed to reduce ammonia, nitrites or nitrates, what am I doing them for?

Goldfish produce a lot of waste and a lot of slim in there water. Taking this out with water changes is the best way to help the goldfish. Since they are swimming in there own filth.

Now I got a question for you. When you you clean your filter do you dump the water out of the filter.? 

The first suggestion I would like you do to is not feed Gel food to them. Gel food if over feed in the tank can cause bacteria issues and other things. 

Also Photos of the tank it self helps us as we can also help to see if there are things in the tank that may be bothering them. Photos do help a lot. I agree with MJ :) 

Those are small concentrations of fungal spores and can be treated with any Anti-fungals.

I would use Nitrofuracin Green or Acriflavine on this but any good anti-fungal should be fine. This happens when the fish bottom sits at night or keeps rubbing on the walls of tanks (sometimes the walls need good scrubbing during water changes). Fungus populates when people over feed and there's too much decaying matter in the filter and some clusters getting stuck in the walls or bottom of the tank. Fungus feeds on decaying matter. This is prevalent with people who feed with gel food. Residues dissolve in the water and organic mulm collects everywhere -- not just the filter. 

Thanks for the advice Koko!

So the homemade food with gelatin needs to go? will do!

As far as the anti-fungals, I will order some today and try them. I did try kanamycin in the food and also in their water and it didn't appear to have any affect. Also the pimafix didn't help. Shouldn't they have affected the spots if this was fungal? I'll definitely try it but let me know what you think about those other medications being ineffective.

When I clean the filters I usually remove all the media and then suck up the dirty water inside the filter with a huge syringe. So no I don't dump it out but I do get most of the water out of the filter. 

I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow, but I really don't wanna take them out of their tank  :-/   Maybe I'll do a video instead

Thanks guys!   any other advice would be greatly appreciated! or more concensus

1 hour ago, exoskeletron said:

Displaying fish.jpg

ok so those crap looking pics from my iphone are really the best I can do. 

Hey Sharon, thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it.  Wow, 50% water changes each week, that does sound like overkill, but I'll give it a try since you suggested it. I'm confused though. If my ammonia and nitrites are 0 and my nitrates are pretty close to 0....what is the point of doing dramatically larger water changes? I'm not trying to be annoying here, but I'm a busy mom with a full time job and I didn't realize the goldfish would require a 40 gallon tank and huge water changes each week. I'll do it if you think that's what is needed to help my fish, but again, water quality is pretty much pristine, so why do I need to do big water changes. I'm not questioning your judgement, I just would like an explanation instead of directives. 

To answer your questions, I have a bare bottom tank, no substrate. I clean the filter media at least once a month and I do so by removing the media and then swishing it around and squeezing it vigorously inside the water I just removed from the tank (during a water change). If the media still looks really brown and dirty afterwards I throw it away and replace with new media, but I only do that with one piece at a time, not all the media at once obviously. 

I would LOVE more responses and second opinions. Are you guys seriously all changing 50% of your water each week? What about people with 100 gallon tanks? you're swapping out 50 gallons every week?!

I find it disappointing that I've gotten almost no responses and that no one has mentioned any treatments. :(   This is the fifth fish forum I've gone to for help and no one has been able to offer any advice beyond referencing basic goldfish caresheets. Is there seriously no one that has any advice that can help me? :( :(:( 

Hi. I have a 125 gallon Oscar tank and a 55 gallon tank and every week I change 50% of the water. 

Water changes replenish KH and GH and other minerals used up over time by the fish. I noticed your KH was fairly low. If your tap and tank are the same, you MAY want to buffer a bit. You don't have to but I would with a KH of that level. 

If you don't wish to follow the rules she sent to you, then by all means don't, but remember that you are posting in the disease section. Most disease is caused by poor water conditions or poor tank maintenance. This is something I've struggled with myself. I did the weekly changes and still had issues with quality oftentimes. 

Dissolved Organic Carbons or low levels of dissolved oxygen for example will not show up on standard water tests but can greatly harm your fish. Nobody here calls themselves "experts". We are just fish keepers like you. Good doctors don't prescribe medications based on guesses, and good goldfish Disease Assistants don't either. 

And people here are willing to help your fish free of charge and on their time. It isn't very nice to say that you're only here to save your fish and will leave after that. You cannot be upset if nobody wants to help you after making such statements.

Koko is lovely and nice and trying to offer advice and Dawn and I am trying to offer advice too, but I'm just saying. 

2 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

Water changes replenish KH and GH and other minerals used up over time by the fish. I noticed your KH was fairly low. If your tap and tank are the same, you MAY want to buffer a bit. You don't have to but I would with a KH of that level. 

If you don't wish to follow the rules she sent to you, then by all means don't, but remember that you are posting in the disease section. Most disease is caused by poor water conditions or poor tank maintenance. This is something I've struggled with myself. I did the weekly changes and still had issues with quality oftentimes. 

Dissolved Organic Carbons or low levels of dissolved oxygen for example will not show up on standard water tests but can greatly harm your fish. Nobody here calls themselves "experts". We are just fish keepers like you. Good doctors don't prescribe medications based on guesses, and good goldfish Disease Assistants don't either. 

And people here are willing to help your fish free of charge and on their time. It isn't very nice to say that you're only here to save your fish and will leave after that. You cannot be upset if nobody wants to help you after making such statements.

Koko is lovely and nice and trying to offer advice and Dawn and I am trying to offer advice too, but I'm just saying. 

:thumbup2:

3 minutes ago, exoskeletron said:

Thanks for the advice Koko!

So the homemade food with gelatin needs to go? will do!

As far as the anti-fungals, I will order some today and try them. I did try kanamycin in the food and also in their water and it didn't appear to have any affect. Also the pimafix didn't help. Shouldn't they have affected the spots if this was fungal? I'll definitely try it but let me know what you think about those other medications being ineffective.

Primax is just tree oils in it, its a basic oil treatment and will not kill the hardest of fungus :( thats why I suggest the other stuff. Kana is for bacterial infections not fungal :(

3 minutes ago, exoskeletron said:

When I clean the filters I usually remove all the media and then suck up the dirty water inside the filter with a huge syringe. So no I don't dump it out but I do get most of the water out of the filter. 

I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow, but I really don't wanna take them out of their tank  :-/   Maybe I'll do a video instead

Thanks guys!   any other advice would be greatly appreciated! or more concensus

I also take off my HOB dump the water out and give it a good scrubbing once a week :) 

I really appreciate everyone's advice, thanks :D

I just meant that I needed help ASAP, not after learning how to post the correct way. But I get it's easier to help if you see pictures.

Agree with Koko. Kanamycin won't treat fungus. Here's the API description of Pimafix: 

"PIMAFIX is a patented formula derived from Pimenta racemosa (West Indian Bay Tree), a proven natural antifungal.  PIMAFIX rapidly treats fungus or cottony growth, mouth and body fungus and reddening of the fins and body.  PIMAFIX also treats internal and external bacterial infections.  All natural PIMAFIX is a broad spectrum treatment which prevents pathogens from developing resistance.  PIMAFIX will not adversely affect the biological filter, alter the pH, or discolor water. Safe for reef aquariums and live plants."

It basically claims to treat everything including internal bacterial infections. It's just an oil. It should be obvious why it didn't work. 

1 minute ago, mjfromga said:

Agree with Koko. Kanamycin won't treat fungus. Here's the API description of Pimafix: 

"PIMAFIX is a patented formula derived from Pimenta racemosa (West Indian Bay Tree), a proven natural antifungal.  PIMAFIX rapidly treats fungus or cottony growth, mouth and body fungus and reddening of the fins and body.  PIMAFIX also treats internal and external bacterial infections.  All natural PIMAFIX is a broad spectrum treatment which prevents pathogens from developing resistance.  PIMAFIX will not adversely affect the biological filter, alter the pH, or discolor water. Safe for reef aquariums and live plants."

It basically claims to treat everything including internal bacterial infections. It's just an oil. It should be obvious why it didn't work. 

ah, well how stupid of me

You have a really nasty attitude by the way. That PM you sent me was absolutely rude and inappropriate. Especially since you actually TOOK some of the advice I gave you and searched up a photo that looked like your fish and posted it since you couldn't manage to take a photo of your own fish. I have done nothing but assist you in getting the help you sought and you've name called and accused. I'm done with this thread and you. Sorry Koko. 

EDIT: Nothing imaginary about how disgustingly rude you WERE AND ARE. Deleting the emails doesn't matter. Be happy I gave you that advice that you didn't think of yourself after all this time so someone would actually try and help you. And yes you seem like a troll. 

Screenshot_2017-06-01-23-05-23_kindlephoto-231313258.jpg

Screenshot_2017-06-01-23-05-05_kindlephoto-231339583.jpg

Edited by mjfromga

6 minutes ago, exoskeletron said:

ah, well how stupid of me

No, We all learn. its good in some ways but in no way will it kill off fungus. 

Im always learning and I been running this place for over 15 years. I don't mind being wrong at all. :)

3 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

You have a really nasty attitude by the way. That PM you sent me was absolutely rude and inappropriate. Especially since you actually TOOK some of the advice I gave you and searched up a photo that looked like your fish and posted it since you couldn't manage to take a photo of your own fish. I have done nothing but assist you in getting the help you sought and you've name called and accused. I'm done with this thread and you. Sorry Koko. 

Im sorry hun. I really am you have been so helpful again thank you :) 

Sorry MJ, no time for imaginary drama.

Anyway, back to my fish. I can't seem to find anything containing nitrofuracin green or acriflavine on Amazon :(
Do you think the API fungus cure powder would be worth trying?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OIQE5C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I know I'm getting annoying, but I'm not intending to be a troll. PLEASE don't boot me from the forum until I can save my fish

Just now, exoskeletron said:

Sorry MJ, no time for imaginary drama.

Anyway, back to my fish. I can't seem to find anything containing nitrofuracin green or acriflavine on Amazon :(
Do you think the API fungus cure powder would be worth trying?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OIQE5C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I know I'm getting annoying, but I'm not intending to be a troll. PLEASE don't boot me from the forum until I can save my fish

Dear no one will boot you unless your are being rude to me or my members. Most of us here are like a family and don't like it when ppl come on and start being rude.

Again we are here to help ppl :)

Mj is a really nice person and will help anyone that is willing to try and listen and not be mean or rude. I know that some forums are rude but we aren't we try to be very peaceful ppl and help each other and learn. No one is bigger than another person here. :)

Yes you could use that :) It has Malachite Green and Acriflacive in it :) 

Just now, koko said:

Dear no one will boot you unless your are being rude to me or my members. Most of us here are like a family and don't like it when ppl come on and start being rude.

Again we are here to help ppl :)

Mj is a really nice person and will help anyone that is willing to try and listen and not be mean or rude. I know that some forums are rude but we aren't we try to be very peaceful ppl and help each other and learn. No one is bigger than another person here. :)

Yes you could use that :) It has Malachite Green and Acriflacive in it :) 

Ok fabulous! I have amazon prime so I'll get the fungus cure powder tomorrow and I'll start treatment right away. I would be absolutely elated if it worked! This has been such a nightmare. I was so excited when I got the fish because I've always loved goldfish and haven't been able to afford a big enough tank until recently. Then I get these gorgeous fish and within a month one of them is clearly struggling with a really unsightly infection. And then    EVERYTHING   I try is ineffective. What a crappy, helpless feeling. 

Anyway, I hope I didn't hurt MJ's feelings. I just have really had it with these type of people on forums who seem to just be there to put people in their place and enforce rules. It's so unkind and unhelpful. Maybe I misunderstood her but the comments seemed rude and ego driven to me.  But I don't know her and I'm sure she's actually a cool woman. It's hard to know anyone's real motivations over the internet. 

I just find it interesting how I gave you the idea that actually got you the help you sought and you called me all that nonsense in that message. Anyway I'm done. I won't argue here. It's a waste of time. Hopefully your fish gets better and you learn to be thankful when people try to help rather than rude. Have a nice evening.