Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
mygoldfishmylife

Can 2 goldfish living in a 55gal tank live in a 20 gal tank for 2 months?

5 posts in this topic

I'm going on vacation and I can't find anyone who has space to host my fish in the 55gal tank. I leave in a few days.. would they be okay in a temporary smaller environment?

How big are the goldfish? Is someone able to take them in the 20g? Is your pet sitter willing to do water changes? Is there anyone willing to come to your home and take care of the goldfish in their 55g tank?

Both around 6inches. Yeah, she's able to take them in a smaller tank and I'm going to teach her how to change the water. I just don't know if that would hurt and damage my fish since they'll be in a smaller tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twenty gallons is big enough for one goldfish with adequate filtration and water changes of at least 50% weekly.  For two goldfish in 20 gallons, you double the water changes to 50% twice a week.  Water quality, not tank size, matters most.

I'll have the same filtration that I do right now for my 55gal, and I'll let my neighbor know about the frequent water changes. I appreciate your input! I was really worried about my fish stressing out