Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
rhorizon74

coastgemusa

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experience with coastgemusa. I am looking to get some goldfish.

I hope i am not breaking rules asking about recommendations about a company. If so please forgive me and delete the post.

Thank you

I've never bought from them and never will. Several members here have had bad experiences with them and I've seen some BAD and floaty fish for sale on their site and some of my friends from other places have had bad experiences with them too. I won't libel them and say they sell lots of sick and floaty fish, but it SEEMS that they sell lots of sick and floaty fish. Buy at your own risk. 

Thank you for the response; I did check other forum posts too. I'll look at buying from some other source. Pity tho, some of the ryukins they had posted looked great.

I will say this - I've not known anybody that bought a Ryukin from them. All the sick and floaty fish I've seen were Ranchu and Oranda. Their Ryukins may be totally fine. Also they have good customer service, so should you get a sick fish, they'll often refund or replace in a timely manner. 

I personally don't recommend it. I had some bad experiences with their fish, the customer sevice it's "alright" (not good). I bought 2 telescope one died two days after I received them (next day shipping) they replace it. Then the Second fish that I first bought died after a week, they offer to replace and asked me all details about the tank that I was keepin the fishes cuz that was "rare-weird" I didn't accept the replacement, the last fish died in less than a month. 3 "healthy" fishes in less than month??? And I was panicking and thought my tank was infected because of this... AFTER ALL:::: No Thanks. Not recommended at all.  Good Luck!!!

I have heard not the best things as well.

Thanks for the honest opinion....  Not worth the risk. Getting back into goldfishes after a long time. So dont want to start with a iffy experience.
I have a local breeder who has a great reputation and i have had great experience with him in the past. I'll stick with him.

Thanks again guys

I bought a butterfly telescope from them, he was goldfish of the week a bit back. Arrived healthy, and has grown. So, I'd say it was a good experience and I'd try them again.

I have purchased fish from them a couple times.  Did have an issue with 1 sick fish, but they took good care of me, and I have had positive experiences with them otherwise.  I would consider purchasing from them again in the future if my tanks weren't already full, lol :-)