Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shelbysfish

"Zit" on Goldfish?

Yes I added 16 tsp's thus far.

Beauty is back to sitting on the bottom. Grr!

Now doing the math that Koko sent me, 27(gallon of water) x 3.79 would be 102 grams of salt which I think converts to 20 teaspoons. So I might add more since Beauty is still bottom sitting. Then water change tomorrow since the tank seems to be a little cloudy again. How does that sound? @shakaho

Edited by shelbysfish

So I added 10 more tsps. So now a total of 26tsp are in there.

Beauty still on the bottom and water somewhat clohdg. Gonna do probably a 50% water change, add salt/Prazi back in. 

45 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

Beauty still on the bottom and water somewhat clohdg. Gonna do probably a 50% water change, add salt/Prazi back in. 

If you think this is best? 

Update: she's messing with me!! I'm not sure what to do. Add more Prazi? It's been a few days since I added the first dose I've just been adding back what I take out with water changes. More salt? 

She will swim a little then go right back to bottom sitting. I can't tell if it's because she doesn't feel good, or if she is grumpy. The other 2 are swimming and acting normal again. 

15 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

Update: she's messing with me!! I'm not sure what to do. Add more Prazi? It's been a few days since I added the first dose I've just been adding back what I take out with water changes. More salt? 

She will swim a little then go right back to bottom sitting. I can't tell if it's because she doesn't feel good, or if she is grumpy. The other 2 are swimming and acting normal again. 

Can you give us a video hun :) 

2 hours ago, koko said:

Can you give us a video hun :) 

Here you go!

And that was her trying to show off for video! 

I would say that is a fish that doesn't like the Prazi and salt... He will be fine though some fish just don't like the stuff :( 

5 hours ago, koko said:

I would say that is a fish that doesn't like the Prazi and salt... He will be fine though some fish just don't like the stuff :( 

So should I do a 50% water change and not add any more meds or salt back in? ?

47 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

So should I do a 50% water change and not add any more meds or salt back in? ?

No keep doing what your doing hun :) 

8 minutes ago, koko said:

No keep doing what your doing hun :) 

You mean keep medicating? 

Sorry im just trying to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm due to add more Prazi so I'm not sure if I should if everyone is acting normal but she's the only one bottom sitting? Or just do a water change like normal and add nothing? 

3 hours ago, shelbysfish said:

You mean keep medicating? 

Sorry im just trying to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm due to add more Prazi so I'm not sure if I should if everyone is acting normal but she's the only one bottom sitting? Or just do a water change like normal and add nothing? 

Keep on schedule hun :) They are okay :) 

Ok im gonna add the Prazi tonight. Poor Beauty. lol

Okay @koko, so Beauty is still bottom sitting and the water is pretty cloudy. I'm gonna do a 50% water change and add more of the Prazi back in, but do you think I need to add salt too? Back in? 

1 hour ago, shelbysfish said:

Okay @koko, so Beauty is still bottom sitting and the water is pretty cloudy. I'm gonna do a 50% water change and add more of the Prazi back in, but do you think I need to add salt too? Back in? 

Can you test the water for me hun :) 

On 5/24/2017 at 11:25 AM, koko said:

Can you test the water for me hun :) 

Ah! So sorry I got swamped. Testing water now!!

@koko it is:

Ok, here we go!!
Nitrites=0
Nitrates=0
PH=7.2
Amonia=0

so why the crappy clouding water? Even with nothing in the tank? Grr.

Doing a 50% water change now. Beauty is the same. Do I need to do Prazi still or salt? 

@koko it is:

Ok, here we go!!
Nitrites=0
Nitrates=0
PH=7.2
Amonia=0

so why the crappy clouding water? Even with nothing in the tank? Grr.

Doing a 50% water change now. Beauty is the same. Do I need to do Prazi still or salt? 

Test your tap for me too hun. We only have one filter on this tank right? what kind of stuff is in the filter. You can take a photo or a video if that is better :)

Yes. When did we start prazi .. ? :) 

52 minutes ago, koko said:

Test your tap for me too hun. We only have one filter on this tank right? what kind of stuff is in the filter. You can take a photo or a video if that is better :)

Yes. When did we start prazi .. ? :) 

Remember the tap water in Florida isn't safe for fish (the water people in my area even said so) so you guys had me put it in a trash can to sit for a few days in between changes. Am I testing that or fresh tap? 

I have sponges and some weird Biomedia balls and a filter carterage without the charcoal stuff. Let me take a pic...

started Prazi a week ago I believe.

thank you for your help!! Cleaned out the filter media when I did my water change this afternoon. 

Added more Prazi since I did a water change. Here is flash photo of filter. Couple more things underneath on the left side. Like those rock looking biomedia things. 

image1.JPG

Remember the tap water in Florida isn't safe for fish (the water people in my area even said so) so you guys had me put it in a trash can to sit for a few days in between changes. Am I testing that or fresh tap? 

Test the Trash Can 

I have sponges and some weird Biomedia balls and a filter carterage without the charcoal stuff. Let me take a pic...

started Prazi a week ago I believe.

thank you for your help!! Cleaned out the filter media when I did my water change this afternoon. 

OK