Jump to content
Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shelbysfish

"Zit" on Goldfish?

Recommended Posts

Yes I added 16 tsp's thus far.

Beauty is back to sitting on the bottom. Grr!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now doing the math that Koko sent me, 27(gallon of water) x 3.79 would be 102 grams of salt which I think converts to 20 teaspoons. So I might add more since Beauty is still bottom sitting. Then water change tomorrow since the tank seems to be a little cloudy again. How does that sound? @shakaho

Edited by shelbysfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I added 10 more tsps. So now a total of 26tsp are in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beauty still on the bottom and water somewhat clohdg. Gonna do probably a 50% water change, add salt/Prazi back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

Beauty still on the bottom and water somewhat clohdg. Gonna do probably a 50% water change, add salt/Prazi back in. 

If you think this is best? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: she's messing with me!! I'm not sure what to do. Add more Prazi? It's been a few days since I added the first dose I've just been adding back what I take out with water changes. More salt? 

She will swim a little then go right back to bottom sitting. I can't tell if it's because she doesn't feel good, or if she is grumpy. The other 2 are swimming and acting normal again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

Update: she's messing with me!! I'm not sure what to do. Add more Prazi? It's been a few days since I added the first dose I've just been adding back what I take out with water changes. More salt? 

She will swim a little then go right back to bottom sitting. I can't tell if it's because she doesn't feel good, or if she is grumpy. The other 2 are swimming and acting normal again. 

Can you give us a video hun :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koko said:

Can you give us a video hun :) 

Here you go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that was her trying to show off for video! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say that is a fish that doesn't like the Prazi and salt... He will be fine though some fish just don't like the stuff :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, koko said:

I would say that is a fish that doesn't like the Prazi and salt... He will be fine though some fish just don't like the stuff :( 

So should I do a 50% water change and not add any more meds or salt back in? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

So should I do a 50% water change and not add any more meds or salt back in? ?

No keep doing what your doing hun :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, koko said:

No keep doing what your doing hun :) 

You mean keep medicating? 

Sorry im just trying to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm due to add more Prazi so I'm not sure if I should if everyone is acting normal but she's the only one bottom sitting? Or just do a water change like normal and add nothing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shelbysfish said:

You mean keep medicating? 

Sorry im just trying to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm due to add more Prazi so I'm not sure if I should if everyone is acting normal but she's the only one bottom sitting? Or just do a water change like normal and add nothing? 

Keep on schedule hun :) They are okay :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok im gonna add the Prazi tonight. Poor Beauty. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay @koko, so Beauty is still bottom sitting and the water is pretty cloudy. I'm gonna do a 50% water change and add more of the Prazi back in, but do you think I need to add salt too? Back in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shelbysfish said:

Okay @koko, so Beauty is still bottom sitting and the water is pretty cloudy. I'm gonna do a 50% water change and add more of the Prazi back in, but do you think I need to add salt too? Back in? 

Can you test the water for me hun :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 11:25 AM, koko said:

Can you test the water for me hun :) 

Ah! So sorry I got swamped. Testing water now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@koko it is:

Ok, here we go!!
Nitrites=0
Nitrates=0
PH=7.2
Amonia=0

so why the crappy clouding water? Even with nothing in the tank? Grr.

Doing a 50% water change now. Beauty is the same. Do I need to do Prazi still or salt? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shelbysfish said:

@koko it is:

Ok, here we go!!
Nitrites=0
Nitrates=0
PH=7.2
Amonia=0

so why the crappy clouding water? Even with nothing in the tank? Grr.

Doing a 50% water change now. Beauty is the same. Do I need to do Prazi still or salt? 

Test your tap for me too hun. We only have one filter on this tank right? what kind of stuff is in the filter. You can take a photo or a video if that is better :)

Yes. When did we start prazi .. ? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, koko said:

Test your tap for me too hun. We only have one filter on this tank right? what kind of stuff is in the filter. You can take a photo or a video if that is better :)

Yes. When did we start prazi .. ? :) 

Remember the tap water in Florida isn't safe for fish (the water people in my area even said so) so you guys had me put it in a trash can to sit for a few days in between changes. Am I testing that or fresh tap? 

I have sponges and some weird Biomedia balls and a filter carterage without the charcoal stuff. Let me take a pic...

started Prazi a week ago I believe.

 

thank you for your help!! Cleaned out the filter media when I did my water change this afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added more Prazi since I did a water change. Here is flash photo of filter. Couple more things underneath on the left side. Like those rock looking biomedia things. 

image1.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shelbysfish said:

Remember the tap water in Florida isn't safe for fish (the water people in my area even said so) so you guys had me put it in a trash can to sit for a few days in between changes. Am I testing that or fresh tap? 

Test the Trash Can 

1 hour ago, shelbysfish said:

I have sponges and some weird Biomedia balls and a filter carterage without the charcoal stuff. Let me take a pic...

started Prazi a week ago I believe.

 

thank you for your help!! Cleaned out the filter media when I did my water change this afternoon. 

OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...