mikroll

Baby fish , finally!

55 posts in this topic

This year we have baby fish. Almost missed it. Wife said get those fish into the breed pond , time is right. 22 March and raining. 

Well they did their job and now at a month old are looking nice , 10mm. And very hungry. Today were given first synthetic foods. 

3 hours ago, mikroll said:

This year we have baby fish. Almost missed it. Wife said get those fish into the breed pond , time is right. 22 March and raining. 

Well they did their job and now at a month old are looking nice , 10mm. And very hungry. Today were given first synthetic foods. 

Photos :wa 

Yes! Let's see them :goodjob

Baby fish discover floating food . Hard to see and photograph at this age and size with iPhone. 

IMG_0618.JPG

Aw very cute!

D'aww! Go tiny fish!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, koko said:

Photos :wa 

Thanks I needed that! 

Now the fun begins as wife wants her swim pool back by 15 May. So the babes will have to move to new "pond" which is now occupied by gambusia and adult goldfish. Began draining pond and had nice surprise , pictured is a jet black experiment we did a few years ago . Can just see the barbles.  the chocolates are looking healthy too and ready. The hardest part is catching the Gambusia.

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

yeah babies :heart

:tomuch: you took her pool :rofl 

Very cute!!!

Really enjoyed seeing these babies & the pool!! I really like how you have it full of plants! (If I were you I would get the wife a new one & keep that one just how it is!!!  :)

Really enjoyed seeing these babies & the pool!! I really like how you have it full of plants! (If I were you I would get the wife a new one & keep that one just how it is!!! 

Same!

Yes , thanks I like that. It is full of plants and  it took last 4 days to get them out of there and pump out, remove the frogs and fish and clean it for the fry.

Today were seen first colors just beginning to show. Fry had a nice treat. An ant colony had their annual fly away today and many landed in the pond. Just the right bite size too. Nothing like live active food to promote growth!

They look great!  Love the black one as well.

They look great!  Love the black one as well.

Yeah that fish is super pretty!

Some color and black begin to show at 5 week. 6 were moved to aquarium for observation and control for parasite.  

We too love the black one. That is an experiment that took me 8 years to produce. (Pure black no orange).

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

Today we catch a few (98 count) and move them to cleaned pond. They are growing well and if my back permits will move others soon.

Cleaning pond has destroyed me. Woke up  last week with worst back ache I ever had and unable to get out of bed. No sleep all week and  had to visit ER  hospital for help.I hope this clears soon.

pictured are about 78 baby at 45 day moving to grow out pond.

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

The last pic give my back an ache too :yikes

WOW that is just a lot of them. :) 

12 minutes ago, koko said:

The last pic give my back an ache too :yikes

WOW that is just a lot of them. :) 

Now finished to collect . Stopped counting at  # 400. Now they are all moved and hope to be able to take a few good pictures and pump them up with some good food. 

IMG_0713.JPG

After 400 I would stop too. :rofl:tomuch: 

What are you going to do with them all :yikes 

We keep 'm.  We know that not all will survive. But would be happy to see ponds back up to old numbers, about 125.

12 minutes ago, mikroll said:

We keep 'm.  We know that not all will survive. But would be happy to see ponds back up to old numbers, about 125.

How big is your pond again?

1 hour ago, koko said:

How big is your pond again?

Three ponds and a fountain. The two largest  , 10mxm,are for the koi and goldfish , smaller , 1.5 m pond is for telescope . Other smaller "ponds" are for guppy breeding.

2 hours ago, mikroll said:

Three ponds and a fountain. The two largest  , 10mxm,are for the koi and goldfish , smaller , 1.5 m pond is for telescope . Other smaller "ponds" are for guppy breeding.

I love watching Guppies breed :teehee 

Hope your back feels better.

Oh my gosh, that's a huge pond! I hope your back recovers quickly!