Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tbelle0413

New Black&White Oranda

My new oranda is healthy and swimming and eating, but she is in the big belly size, she recently released eggs but I have noticed she swims side ways to go fast and then positions herself normal. She doesn't scraped herself in the gravel. But just a little concern... 

See the large fish? Does it look anything like that? If so, I would be concerned too. That's a swim bladder or balance issue. Might prove hard or impossible to correct. What are the dimensions of the tank she's in? I'm sure others will be along to help out more soon. 

Yep very similar, I believe it more bouncy issue because she has s big belly to begin with, my chocolate oranda is swimming fine but he's smaller...  I do feed small amounts during the day and repashy soilent green just in case it was swim bladder... But she seems playful and but very clumsy... I am in the process of moving so right now they are in a 20gallon ( I know small for two Goldie's) tank with two filters and I do water change every 3-4 days to keep the water pristine.  Once we move I will be setting up my 60gallon...

Welcome to Kokos.

15 minutes ago, Tbelle0413 said:

Yep very similar, I believe it more bouncy issue because she has s big belly to begin with, my chocolate oranda is swimming fine but he's smaller...  I do feed small amounts during the day and repashy soilent green just in case it was swim bladder... But she seems playful and but very clumsy... I am in the process of moving so right now they are in a 20gallon ( I know small for two Goldie's) tank with two filters and I do water change every 3-4 days to keep the water pristine.  Once we move I will be setting up my 60gallon...

Gotcha. I figured as much. A 60 gallon tank doesn't have the best dimensions for a fish that already has some swimming issues. A 40B tank would be a much better choice for him. 

You may want to try what Sharon does.... Shallow container and feed mostly duckweed .... :) Duckweed is like there natural food and helps them :) 

3 hours ago, Karen Cormier-Binning said:

Where can I get duckweed?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Do you have a swim bladder fish? The member Muffluvin is seeking members with swim bladder fish to try a new enzyme on. 

Actually a 60 gallon tank is OK if you use it 2/3 full.  We really like  the 40B for two goldfish and the 75 for 3 (maybe 4 with a good water change schedule).  Goldfish ( and most particularly fancy goldfish)  do best in shallow water with lots of swimming area. 

Duckweed

13 hours ago, shakaho said:

Actually a 60 gallon tank is OK if you use it 2/3 full.  We really like  the 40B for two goldfish and the 75 for 3 (maybe 4 with a good water change schedule).  Goldfish ( and most particularly fancy goldfish)  do best in shallow water with lots of swimming area. 

Duckweed

lol Thats the same link I found for her on her other thread :lol Great minds think alike lol 

On April 19, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Tbelle0413 said:

We have a member  ..... Well read this thread if your interested :) 

Are you able to post a video of her behavior?