Ree

Wiggles Eggbert the lone fry!

60 posts in this topic

:hi    Yes it was me!!  Sorry for my absence . . . some family issues going on. :(

I did raise one lone fry. :teehee  I named him Waldo cuz I could never find him in the tank. :rofl  He didn't have any problems when I added him to the main tank.  You just need to make sure he's big enough that none of the other fish will think he's lunch. :o  

If you have live plants, add one to his container and he can munch on some of the goodness that lives on the plant. :D

Good luck! :nana

Edit:  I found my thread if you're interested.  It's kinda funny. :rofl3

Edited by fantailfan1

Wiggles Eggbert is now 7 days old! You made it to a week little buddy!  

He is now showing a broader head, and the startings of a tail... bit hard to tell if its the butterfly tail yet!  His little tummy is full but it distends out to his right side. Is this normal for his age?

20170422_002110_zpskmrmiqow.jpg

All his food arrived today! So he now has a tummy full of instant baby brine shrimp. He also has fry starter, spirlina powder, and first bites. Hopefully this is variety enough to give him a growth boost. 

20170422_001335_zpshq3kdktr.jpg

And his annubias nana arrived to.  Its different to all my others. It has a gold fleck through the leaf. 

20170421_220500_zpstfau7z0w.jpg

I have questions though.  I bought him the instant baby brine shrimp in a jar. I think the brand is Ocean Nutrition?  Should this go in the fridge once opened? And how long is it usable once opened? 

9 minutes ago, fantailfan1 said:

:hi    Yes it was me!!  Sorry for my absence . . . some family issues going on. :(

I did raise one lone fry. :teehee  I named him Waldo cuz I could never find him in the tank. :rofl  He didn't have any problems when I added him to the main tank.  You just need to make sure he's big enough that none of the other fish will think he's lunch. :o  

If you have live plants, add one to his container and he can munch on some of the goodness that lives on the plant. :D

Good luck! :nana

Edit:  I found my thread if you're interested.  It's kinda funny. :rofl3

Thankyou so much Lisa! I will read your thread! 

I must say im havving similar "where have you got to now?!?" issues :teehee

1 hour ago, fantailfan1 said:

:hi  Edit:  I found my thread if you're interested.  It's kinda funny. :rofl3

Thankyou so much for linking me  Lisa! I loooved Waldos story!  Do you have a more recent Waldo photo?

I thought i noticed Wiggles flashing this afternoon. Im not sure if its newfound energy from eating better food, or actual flashing. Should i pop some prazi in yet? Hes 7 days old. I have prazipro or prazi tablets by Blueplanet. 

At the moment i have only been adding prime and a drop of methylene blue with his daily waterchanges.  And the airstone is still only at minimal function.... like one bubble every half second. If i make it faster yet he gets drawn towards it.

Unfortunately Waldo passed away last August. He was just fine in the morning. When I went to feed at night he was between the intake and the back of the tank (not being sucked up but kinda wedged there) just barely moving. He passed before I got the QT set up. :(. I'm not sure what happened. All other fish are still with me today... I thought he'd lived a decade considering he was never exposed to pet store conditions :idont

Here is a pic of him a couple months before he passed away :heart

48f6c9c0e04897da2a30e7f364fef275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as the prazi, you can go ahead and do that anytime.  I can't remember if I did it at week 1 or 2 as he was spitting out his baby brine shrimp . . .  It's really hard to tell if they are flashing at that age as their movements are so herky jerky anyway. :idont  I used PraziPro but you can use the powder/tablets too.

2 minutes ago, fantailfan1 said:

Unfortunately Waldo passed away last August. He was just fine in the morning. When I went to feed at night he was between the intake and the back of the tank (not being sucked up but kinda wedged there) just barely moving. He passed before I got the QT set up. :(. I'm not sure what happened. All other fish are still with me today... I thought he'd lived a decade considering he was never exposed to pet store conditions :idont

Here is a pic of him a couple months before he passed away :heart

48f6c9c0e04897da2a30e7f364fef275.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awe! Im so sorry Lisa! He was a really stunny boy! Im sorry! :bighug

Thanks.  I miss him.  His yellowy orange color really popped in the tank .. . .  

1 minute ago, fantailfan1 said:

As far as the prazi, you can go ahead and do that anytime.  I can't remember if I did it at week 1 or 2 as he was spitting out his baby brine shrimp . . .  It's really hard to tell if they are flashing at that age as their movements are so herky jerky anyway. :idont  I used PraziPro but you can use the powder/tablets too.

Ok. Ill see which is easier to dose.

I was watching Wiggles and thought he was spitting out his food but he has a full tummy so maybe he just cant physically fit any more shrimp in?  If i notice hes spitting and not full then i might bring forward his prazi.  Otherwise i might leave it another week or so till he can cope with the airstone on more than a dribble.

Thankyou Lisa!

Wiggles Eggbert is 16 days old today! Yay! 

I can now see his tail with my naked eye!  :blink: if i squint!  And a trace of a dorsal? 

20170430_012545_zpsovass0i0.jpg

He has mastered the yawn.... :zz and his tummy is filling in now, not so transparent any more!  He also has anal fins! 

20170430_011836_zpspkwv5dtm.jpg

See? Anal fins?

20170430_012320_zps1wrxlori.jpg

And hes mastering his goldfish grump! :teehee

20170430_012113_zpskqkh82ea.jpg

He has completed one round of prazi pro. Starts round 2 tomorrow. He seems to be becoming sightly more aware of his suroundings, but doesnt rush to greet me yet. Hes still having daily 100% WC with prime and a drop of methylene blue. I will stop putting the methyle ne blue in after this round of prazi is completed.

Hes eating mostly the instant baby brine shrimps with some powdered spirrilina or hikari first bites, but its hard to tell still how much he is actually eating. Its impossible to measure out individual meals for him so ive just been popping a tiny drop of the brine shrimp in his tank after his evening WC then added the spirrilina powder or fry powder of a morning.  Theres still losts of brine shrimp left but it gives him a little variety. 

Look at the grumpy face already :rofl:tomuch: 

Aww, lol that face!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, koko said:

Look at the grumpy face already :rofl:tomuch: 

It must be either talent or genetic :teehee

26 minutes ago, Anorea said:

Aww, lol that face!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I knoooow! Cracks me up!  :rolleyes:

I laugh everytime I see him :rofl 

27 minutes ago, koko said:

I laugh everytime I see him :rofl 

Thats ok! I cant stop laughing at him either! :rofl3

A thought.... :hummm maybe i should be more worried about my big goldies than him when i put him in their tank :crazy:

:rofl2

You watch he will be a big sweet fish... My beaker was :) 

He had the most grumpy face I have seen on a fish lol 

1 minute ago, koko said:

You watch he will be a big sweet fish... My beaker was :) 

He had the most bumpy face I have seen on a fish lol 

I hope hes sweet! Wiggles might give Beaker a run for his money in the lump department! :clapping:

18 minutes ago, Ree said:

I hope hes sweet! Wiggles might give Beaker a run for his money in the lump department! :clapping:

AUTO Checker :madrant

:lol 

I love tiny goldfish babies they are so cute!!!!

Looking good, Wiggles!! :nana

:rofl I love his grump face. He is so gorgeous

10 hours ago, koko said:

AUTO Checker :madrant

:lol 

:teehee

8 hours ago, shelbysfish said:

I love tiny goldfish babies they are so cute!!!!

They are so funny! ?

7 hours ago, fantailfan1 said:

Looking good, Wiggles!! :nana

Wigles says "thank you Lisa!"

6 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

:rofl I love his grump face. He is so gorgeous

He is a grump me thinks! :teehee 

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know little Wiggles didnt make it.  About 4 days ago i noticed he was starting to have trouble swimming. His little spine was getting kinked.  Then day before yesterday i noticed his little mouth was stuck open.  He had no food in his tummy and was struggling to even try to eat.  Poor baby.  We put him to sleep last night. 

20170510_164250_zpstivwyuph.jpg

20170510_164605_zps4ejv19ab.jpg

20170510_164426_zpsx0xkspka.jpg

Oh no not Wiggles :cry