Kokos Goldfish Forum
waya

red head oranda

Showing off a few pictures of this little oddball. Is supposed to be a redcap but as you can see is more of a redhead lol. I seem to like the oddballs that don't fit the normal look. Still don't have a name for it.

face.jpgtop.jpg

side%202.jpg

side.jpg

Cute. My red cap has bleeding of the red outside of the wen too as you can see. 

large.GEDC0031.JPG.0633280c3de6f92504bf634ec25d996f.JPG

Interesting this was the 1st time I've seem one with so much red, even yours. I normally see them with just the red cap or maybe a little around the outside of the wen but still like a cap as it should be. Will be interesting to see if all the red stays or not.

Yours covers more of the face. Kirsche there has the red bleeding into an orange color and extending towards the dorsal. 

Those are both unique fish ... Like them both :) 

Gorgeous!

thank you

mjfromga

yours by what I can see in the picture has really nice fins to it to.

Mines fins are a little messed up atm. It kind of looks like a piece of tail was ripped out so guessing it was damage that is already healing.

Anyone have some good name ideas? I keep going to Cappy but I already used that name so need a different one.

Almost all my goldfish atm are named off there looks, very uncreative of me right lol. But I have Finless(the little egg goldfish), Shorty(very short tail), Bubbles and Google(telescope), and Flag(his top fin is messed up and looks like a little triangle flag).

Then I get even more uncreative with names like Goldy, Brownie, Blacky, Whitey, Sliver.

Then there's Big Boy cuz he was the biggest of my 1st 2 when I got back in to goldfish.

Only 1 has a real name and that would be Goldeen as she is a red and white oranda that looks a lot like goldeen and I was trying out pokemon go when we when to get her. Still very uncreative of me.

IDK why I'm so bad at naming them my dogs and cats all have real names but when I come to my fish no ideas. I still do like them and wouldn't want to lose or rehome most(have a few I want to rehome). I guess it's just that there name isn't for calling them and just for IDing who I'm talking about, weighing them and organizing photos .

I just don't bother naming them, that works for me :)

Same as any other pets I have, I name the fish too. Referring to your fish as fish is like referring to your cat as just cat to me. Silly! Since you used Cappy already, why not call him Cherry? Lol it's cute.

When I got little Kirsche last year, he had some dorsal fin damage as you can see. Healed up nicely. Just give the little guy some TLC and I'm sure he will be fine. 

DSCN3478_zpsmyjgwqsd.jpg

I like Cherry. :D

I also like Bandit because it looks like he is wearing a mask lol

Arctic Mama

That would never work for me. It would make me look a lot more loony when I talk to them if I just said hi fish, hi fish, hi also fish lol. I also wouldn't know how to talk about them with people. Like if i said Big Boy sure has got bigger hasn't he, it would just be that one fish with the orange and black no not the smallest one but the bigger one lmao. Or if I was talking about one of the smaller ones it would be no more or less back or a little white. It would be so hard to make sure people know who I was talking about lol. And that's not even talking about trying to keep data on each fish. They all have been weighed and had there pics taken a few times. It would be so much more confusing if that all wasn't in a folder with there names on it. That being said I do have fish with no names like all my tetra as I can't really tell them apart. Then there's also my angel and my betta. The angel is just Angel and the betta is Orange betta and Blue betta so names still that aren't really names.

mjfromga

Cherry isn't bad if its a girl IMO a little wrong for a boy tho lol.

FishyMandy

Same with Bandit I think I'd use it for a boy but not a girl. You however did somehow made me think of superhero/movie stuff saying mask. Like Deadpool, Spiderman, Flash(more a red and yellow fish name), Guy Fawkes(little Fawkes) from V for Vendetta (more a name for a little panda fish), or Jigsaw(little Jiggy) that one is red and white, also Pennywise the clown from it.

I think they deserve names too. All the fish have names that I remember by heart. But then I don't have kids or anything and these little things are my babies so maybe I look at things differently. Besides, I enjoy coming up with names. 

Omen, Robin, Callisto, Randy, Rhonda, Patiska, Kirsche, Tarako, Ulliri, Shembje, Commander, Winslow, Citrine, Asteroid, Malina, Charles, Asilah, Secret, Crystal, Elwayi, Vopu, Casha, and Axe. 

Not all the names match the genders. Winslow is a confirmed female. I just call her Lady Winslow. Malina is a confirmed male. I call him Mr. Malina to make it sound more masculine lol.

Note how I told you "Call HIM Cherry". I just think the name is cute. I never considered the gender. My first ever goldfish (tiny) I got and I looked at it and I thought that it looked like a Rhonda so I named it Rhonda. It was cute and small and dainty. Didn't know a thing about fish and definitely didn't know gender. The fish turned out to be a female but it was just random! 

I'm lucky enough that absolutely none of my fish I mix up with another one. Unlike say, if you had 9 regular common goldfish, then I could see how maybe naming them didn't make as much sense. 

Edited by mjfromga

I think he looks like a boy lol. But my favourite girly name for an Oranda is Frenchie because I think their wens look like little Berets lol.

I name all my fish too, th eonle ones I didn't name were my guppies, well one of them had a name. I just couldn't tell who was who with most of them anyway lol. 
I remember most of my goldies names, but have trouble with the 5 little orange ones who look almost exactly the same from top view. I can tell them apart from side view but top view I struggle with :P

I used to mix up Callisto with Omen from top view, but Callisto is way bigger than Omen now so I don't do it anymore. I have several orange ones but their shapes are all quite different so I don't mix those up either. 

I'm hoping my orange single tail guys will eventually look completely different again from top view lol. They used to when some had black on them but now they are all orange

10 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I name all my fish too, th eonle ones I didn't name were my guppies, well one of them had a name. I just couldn't tell who was who with most of them anyway lol.

What you can't tell the differences with all those Guppies together... Come on :rofl

yeah try naming a tank that is filled with Guppies... I only name goldfish, betta's or when I had my Angel fish I named him... other than that most other fish don't get a name in my home :o 

18 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Omen, Robin, Callisto, Randy, Rhonda, Patiska, Kirsche, Tarako, Ulliri, Shembje, Commander, Winslow, Citrine, Asteroid, Malina, Charles, Asilah, Secret, Crystal, Elwayi, Vopu, Casha, and Axe.

That sure is a list of names you got there and all very different to. My fish I already said what they were called and I named my little furry pets mostly along the same line, stuff like hairy, curly. There was also a set of guinea pigs I had that had mohawks. I'm guessing you can't guess what I called them? lol Yep Mo for the female and Hawk for the boy. As to gender when I was littler I had a pet I named Mis.Nodingham the 3rd turned out that it was a boy so instead of dropping the Mis I called it Mr.Mis.Nodingham the 3rd. lol I've done the same thing with a few other pets named them a female name turns out they were male so just added a Mr. made is sound like it was just a last name or something. Most of my larger pets (dogs and cats) names normally have a theme, like right now my cats are Native American related and Norse Gods.

18 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I think he looks like a boy lol.

I remember most of my goldies names, but have trouble with the 5 little orange ones who look almost exactly the same from top view. I can tell them apart from side view but top view I struggle with :P

I was thinking looked more like a girl. Will have to wait and find out for sure.

My guppies when I had them also didn't really have names. There was one or 2 that did just cuz they looked so different. I'm lucky that atm none of my goldfish look to alike. I may have 3 that well look very close when there a little older, tho I have to wait and see what there color does. I really like the look of my Big Boy (avatar pic) so got 3 more kind of like him. 1 looks like him (the black and orange) but with A LOT more black however knowing how they like to lose the black we will see. 2nd one is more like him but with white lips and 3rd is the closes to him. Hoping one is female as I want a nice orange and black fish to tie my orange and darker color girls together. Other then that its just one of my favorite colors for goldfish. I also have 2 orange but one is a baby that I don't really plan on keeping and 1 is My bigger girl I got with big boy. I just got the little orange as she would of died of ich if I didn't same with this little one, you should of saw how bad she looked when I got her so covered in ich. amazing how a little clean water and in a few days/maybe weeks a fish that looked so bad can not have 1 spot of ich.

15 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I'm hoping my orange single tail guys will eventually look completely different again from top view lol. They used to when some had black on them but now they are all orange

I used to have 2 orange single tails (sadly lost one). I was both lucky/unlucky? One of them had got caught to a filter and had a very large scare on the side that even after healing can still lightly be seen. He also somehow lost the middle part of his tail so when It grow back it gave him a little of a different look to him. Its very light marks and differences, if you didn't know they were there you could overlook them but as I know I always see them.

8 hours ago, koko said:

What you can't tell the differences with all those Guppies together... Come on :rofl

yeah try naming a tank that is filled with Guppies... I only name goldfish, betta's or when I had my Angel fish I named him... other than that most other fish don't get a name in my home :o 

Yea guppies/swords and small schooling fish are hard to tell apart lol. Same goes with some of my cichlids. There is one with a name as he was my 1st and looks a little different. 1 more that had more of a shine to him but doesn't have a name and 2 that are hard to tell apart.

My last angel was named Arrow as that's what she looked like. Very long fins made her look like a arrow head. This one I have now was always just the mate of I don't know why.

I also used to know someone that wouldn't name pets. it didn't matter if it was a dog/cat or bird/small animal/fish they just believed that naming it would bring bad luck or death to it. I never did understand how you could have pets with no names. I mean fish, bird and small animals maybe but dogs and cats? I just couldn't do it don't see how it would work but then again even my plants kind of have names/more of a referring word really, but something so I could talk about it and people can know what I'm talking about. When I bred birds not all had names my main set did but babies I wasn't sure about keeping or rehoming didn't they did how ever have a cage number, band number and maybe a word to describe them.

He's cute!!!!

What a cutie. My Male having those lovely red cheeks on both as you can see, c45faac0c95f1f7f463a7c98056a3fc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost looks like he has no dorsal fin :o 

Almost looks like he has no dorsal fin  

Don't worry. he does have one, it's just blending in with the background

13 minutes ago, onyx145 said:

Don't worry. he does have one, it's just blending in with the background emoji23.png

well if you want see your fish as a Ranchu there you go :tomuch: 

Definitely a unique fish. It really does look like he is trying to be a ranchu/lionhead in that picture lol silly little guy.

14 hours ago, waya said:

Definitely a unique fish. It really does look like he is trying to be a ranchu/lionhead in that picture lol silly little guy.

He does... The only thing that caught my eye was that little Ryukin hump in the front.... if it wasn't for that I would say look its a Ranch :rofl 

3 hours ago, koko said:

He does... The only thing that caught my eye was that little Ryukin hump in the front.... if it wasn't for that I would say look its a Ranch :rofl 

Ranchu x Ryukin cross that's a little scary lol. I don't think with the Ryukin hump and the lack of a dorsal fin they would swim very well.