Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Distaff

Ugh lousy day for the fish

We had a nasty hail storm today.  Hail the size of regular marbles mixed with big marbles.  Intermittent heavy winds and hard rain at the same time.  It crushed the roof in one of the out buildings, and of course, the tarp on the big tub was no real barrier.   Both out door tubs basically had the equivalent of chests of ice dumped in with the fish.  After that, a bunch of leaves and what-not blew in over the top. 

We had a bad roof leak in one of the bathrooms.  As soon as it was safe to go out, my first priority was just to clear out and deal with the gutters.   They weren't draining, as they were jammed with the piled up hail.   I was afraid the weight might tear them down. (I think ice weighs nearly about as much as water.)  Climbed on the slippery metal house roof to look for the leak, and found two holes, and smeared a bunch of roof tar over that (which didn't really want to stick, even though the label is wet/dry). 

So, with all that, the fish seem to be ok.  I didn't feed them tonight - too much junk in the water as it is.  I'll give them a nearly entire water change tomorrow.  I HOPE we get decent weather for it.  This afternoon was just still too crazy windy to make it worthwhile.

Thanks!

WOW hun... Im glad your fish and your are alright... that sounds scary :( 

Glad they are OK.

Thanks.  I'm sure it was rather unpleasant for them.  I gave them a water change, and they seem to have come through it fine.  After that one unexpected death a few weeks ago, however, I don't take anything for granted. 

Dawn, I don't know how my post merged with yours.  Still getting used to the new format on a few of the icons. 

Koko, do you know what I did wrong?

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Distaff said:

Dawn, I don't know how my post merged with yours.  Still getting used to the new format on a few of the icons. 

Koko, do you know what I did wrong?

Thanks.

I don't see a merge hun :o 

Strange.  It WAS merged on my monitor after I posted it...double checked.

Oh well, all is good.

I find computers to be bit of a mystery.

5 hours ago, Distaff said:

Strange.  It WAS merged on my monitor after I posted it...double checked.

Oh well, all is good.

I find computers to be bit of a mystery.

Me too :rofl