Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Karen Cormier-Binning

Usual fish

55 posts in this topic

There isn't a picture?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

depends if your online you have to upload it to photobucket then share. but if you download tapatalk and find the forum you can upload it from your phone alot easier.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

depends if your online you have to upload it to photobucket then share. but if you download tapatalk and find the forum you can upload it from your phone alot easier.

9dcd86f5a1fbc11f19f98833784a8512.jpg

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

idk looks like a comet or shubunkin or some type. where did you find him and can you give me a above shot that way we can see the body type on if its a slim or fancy. looks chuby lol

might also be a single tail fancy but idk.

Looks like a comet

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It does...Can u see the weird points on the tail. The tail is long, narrow and comes to a fine point

idk looks like a comet or shubunkin or some type. where did you find him and can you give me a above shot that way we can see the body type on if its a slim or fancy. looks chuby lol

I found him in a over populated tank at PetSmart. He was in with the small comets and was one of the smallest. He's young. I'd say more slim than fancy but time will tell..Being so young. With the long, slim and pointed(!) tail I was excited to find him.

yes there is a fish others where talking about with a slimer body than a fancy and a long tail or a comet i just dont know what its called.

Hmmm perhaps I will take some time and pass my photo around. It's a bad photo. It's from a distance and zoomed in. They are still spooked by their surroundings. And it is pretty small. You can see the floating food pellets close to him..

try leaving the light of so they can settle. maybe get some cover like plants too. mine are still skitish but now as bad as when i get them.

try leaving the light of so they can settle. maybe get some cover like plants too. mine are still skitish but now as bad as when i get them.

It's a pond. I've got an aquarium set upside down in it like a telescope that they can swim up into. That's where the picture is from

oh that is cool. sorry. didnt know.

An otter cleaned me out last week. Third time in three years. First time koi I raised from fry...Burned my butt. Then some fancy shubunkins and goldfish. Then this time was just some long tailed comets I hand picked. I've got a sheet of plexiglass I can put over I just have to cut out the aquarium size so they can still look around etc.

He is gorgeous!

Your fish may be a comet, which has all metallic scales or a shubunkin, which has both matte and metallic scales.  The coloring favors the a shubunkin, but we would need better focus to see the scale types.  The comet tail always has a wide fork and pointed tips.   Again, better focus would show the tips of the tail better.  The fish unquestionably has the long slim body of a comet/shubunkin.