Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Paigehx

Goldfish supplier uk?

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I currently own 2 small fantails but I'm upgrading my tank in the next few months once I have saved enough money and I'm hoping to add a third fancy.

I know about star fisheries in the uk and that they will ship to me however I have heard mixed stories about fish coming from there so would also like to explore more options.

Other than Pets at home which is a big NO, I only know of one other local pets store near Newcastle where I could get my fish. They are are great store and take great care of their fish but Their goldfish section is very limited.

In terms of health I think I know what to look out for but if I was to go to the pet store what would I be looking out for in terms of quality of a fantail?

Also if anyone has any other suggestions of breeders in the uk willing to ship or even stores in the north east region which they would recommend.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This site has a list of goldfish associations.  Breeders belong to such organizations, so they can direct you to locally bred fish.  Direct from the breeder usually gets you the best fish.

I have a few fish from Star, and they're are gorgeous. I am somewhat biased as I do some work for Andy, but I can tell you that if you bought fish from him and had any problems with them when you received them, he would sort something out for you, he's very good like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a lot of goldfish club members go to star fisheries for their breeding stock and also to the open days, i have never heard anything negetive about the fish, i am sure if anythink went wrong, they would put it right!

I have 2 fish from star!!.....Got them years ago the are now living in my pond still growing well. :thumbup2: