xStatic

I lost my first goldfish - goodbye Pebble.

4 posts in this topic

Very sad to report I've lost my first goldfish since starting in this hobby. Pebble was also the first goldfish I owned and like a lot of other people here I bought Pebble as a little baby fish and promptly set up a 10 gallon tank kit I purchased on the same day with no idea I was doing anything wrong. I eventually moved Pebble up to a 60 gallon aquarium with two buddies and everything seemed fine for a year and a half until I came home one day to find Pebble had passed away. The other goldfish in the tank were totally fine. I think Pebble may have passed away of an internal blockage from the plants I was feeding the goldies - whenever my tropical tank accumulated too much floating Salvinia minima I would scoop out a couple handfuls of the stuff and feed it to the goldfish tank. I never suspected the plants could have harmed the fish but I wont ever do that again ): 

Pebble really was my favorite fish, probably because I raised her from a very little baby to a pretty young adult fish myself. I've been really lucky not to have any major health issues with any of my goldfish up until now and then to have a death so suddenly was really shocking. 

5m7qoBI.jpg

Pebble as a baby fish just after coming home. 

g04XBtD.jpg

A somewhat more recent picture of Pebble who had grown into a beautiful adult fantail.

Wow I'm sorry hun... He sure was a beautiful fish :) 

Aw I'm so sorry. Those sudden loses are always hard

Sorry for your loss. RIP Pebble.