Paigehx

What kind of goldfish do I have?

9 posts in this topic

I recently adopted these goldfish for a friend as she couldn't give them the care that they needed. I went with her when she bought them from the pet shop and they were labelled as fantails but they both look so different. One has a much longer body than the other and is a lot less round. They do both have a double tail though.

If anyone can tell me what they think they are I would appreciate it as I'm quite curious

9afdbf643d21fbc15814c549169112d0.jpg431e3efac6f035b13d987aae3e843e94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup look like Fantails to me too. Just different body styles :) They are both cute :) 

Thank you! They're my first goldfish since being a lot younger and I'm slightly obsessed with them. They've more than doubled in size when I got them, I didn't realise they would grow so quick

4 minutes ago, Paigehx said:

Thank you! They're my first goldfish since being a lot younger and I'm slightly obsessed with them. They've more than doubled in size when I got them, I didn't realise they would grow so quick emoji51.png

Oh yes they get big fast. The more room and more water changes are the best (if your water doesn't have a PH/KH issues ) :) 

Yeah I have a new tank on the way I was given them at such short notice and the one that they were given in is definitely not big enough. I can't wait to see them grow more. The rounder one want even an inch when I got him and had a thick black stripe down his spine and onto his tail but if disappeared within a couple of weeks

30 minutes ago, Paigehx said:

Yeah I have a new tank on the way I was given them at such short notice and the one that they were given in is definitely not big enough. I can't wait to see them grow more. The rounder one want even an inch when I got him and had a thick black stripe down his spine and onto his tail but if disappeared within a couple of weeks

That was most likely an ammonia burn :( but now he's all healed up :) 

Cute fish!! :D

Thanks

Very nice Goldfish.