muffluvin

Microbe Enzyme

22 posts in this topic

Master Lim Microbe Enzyme.

Thought I have to share this but as a disclaimer, I am in no way affiliated with the creator nor have I been able to try it on my fish.

There is this Facebook Group called Goldfish University 金鱼大学,.

Been a member of the group for 2 or 3 months now. There's this stuff floating around the group that members claim does wonder to the a couple of issues ailing their fish. It is claimed it has helped with SBD, dropsy and recovery from tank related injuries, to name a few. I read a couple of posts saying it even promotes growth and improved water quality in the tank.

There are a couple of testimonials in the group's FB page, unfortunately you need to have a Facebook account and a member of the group to view them. Sorry, I do not have rights to host and post their videos anywhere, so best I can do is give you that link.

I am still awaiting a reply from the creator as I want to get my hand on a bottle and try it on my small ranchu (sorry Bullitt). I also contacted a US based member who recently got her bottle and will post her feedback once I get it.

Apologies if I posted this on the wrong sub-forum as well.

Edited by muffluvin

a2d4f770b293359f7535d4c944354642.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Here's the reply I got from the creator (I edited it to remove his personal email address)

"The cost of the microbe enzyme powder are (in Singapore Dollars):

a. Microbe enzyme to dilute in 200ml water = S$25/- + postage S$5/

b. Microbe enzyme to dilute in 500ml water = S$55/- + postage S$8/

c. Microbe enzyme to dilute in 1,000ml (1 litre) of water = S$100/- + postage S$12/

The lifespan of the solution after mixing is 8 months at maximum potency and about 2 years at 80% potency kept at room temperature. If kept at temperature below 5°C the solution can last for several years at maximum potency. The powder if left dry will last indefinitely. It is preferable to use bottled mineral or distilled drinking water to prevent contamination. Remember to stir well and leave the solution for 10 days at a temperature of about 30°C or 86°F to allow fermentation to take place or when the pH falls below 3 before using. Do not worry if the contents do not dissolve immediately as the contents will not be fully dissolved in the water initially. The bacteria will digest it over time and the pH will drop over the next few days. Some floating and sinking deposit will be expected during the fermentation process. Keep away from heat of above 50°C or 122°F and UV light at all times. Storage in an opaque container is preferred."

23 minutes ago, muffluvin said:

pH will drop over the next few days

That part scares me... If ppl have low Ph or KH you could have a crash!?

Just now, koko said:

That part scares me... If ppl have low Ph or KH you could have a crash!?

I think he was referring to the pH of the water where you dissolved the dried microbe enzyme and leave it there for 10 days prior to using. I ordered one and let's see how it goes.

Just now, muffluvin said:

I think he was referring to the pH of the water where you dissolved the dried microbe enzyme and leave it there for 10 days prior to using. I ordered one and let's see how it goes.

Ill be waiting to see what it does for you :) 

Seems fishy to me . . . where's Sharon? :teehee

Not that I think Sharon is fishy . . . :rofl

2 hours ago, fantailfan1 said:

Not that I think Sharon is fishy . . . :rofl

:lol:

Ill be waiting to see what it does for you  

On Me or the fish?

It sounds like snake oil to me -- a mixture of unidentified microbes and unidentified enzyme(s?) that ferments in water to produce a stable solution that cures everything.  Perhaps something got lost in translation.  On the other hand, I see no dangers in using it (other than to the pocketbook).

Please tell us how it works for you.  If you have two tanks of fish and just use this in one, you can make an experiment of this.

7 hours ago, muffluvin said:

On Me or the fish? emoji12.png

either :lol 

Guys, I got the stuff from Singapore. It has been fermenting for 5 days since Friday. As per instruction, the stuff should be ready by Monday.

Here's the deal, I don't have any fish with SBD. The only reason I bought this was to see if the claims were true with regards to promoting growth in stunted fish. I have a runt that I can test it with. But I also wanted to see if what people claimed were true with regards to fish recovering from SBD when their food is sprayed with this stuff. So if anyone wants to volunteer, I would be more than happy to mail you a couple of ml (after the fermentation is done. Let's see if this stuff really works.

Again, I am in no way affiliated with the creator/seller of said Microbe-Enzyme. I purchased mine out-of-packet. If this is against any of the forum rules, please forgive my ignorance.

I don't have a swim bladder fish, but I have a runted fish. She is 1 1/2 years old and 23 grams and has been that size since March or so of last year. If it seems to work with your runt, I might try some. Good luck!

I don't have a swim bladder fish, but I have a runted fish. She is 1 1/2 years old and 23 grams and has been that size since March or so of last year. If it seems to work with your runt, I might try some. Good luck!

I will let you know MJ. The game plan is to make some Repashy Soilent Green and spray them with this stuff. I will start Tuesday next week and keep a tab on the fish.

I really want to know if this stuff really address SBD as I have seen a lot of fish being put down because of said sickness. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

9 hours ago, muffluvin said:

I will let you know MJ. The game plan is to make some Repashy Soilent Green and spray them with this stuff. I will start Tuesday next week and keep a tab on the fish.

I really want to know if this stuff really address SBD as I have seen a lot of fish being put down because of said sickness. It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

I know there is a new member that MJ and I have been talking to that has SBD I think... :o 

I know there is a new member that MJ and I have been talking to that has SBD I think...  

It would be great if you guys can point her my way.

On a side note, I just heard from someone in South East Asia who swears by this stuff. He mentioned that it promoted health and growth in his tank's stock considering he is overstocked and under-filtered (a couple of air bubblers and a diy overhead tickle filter). He also mentioned that this stuff was originally created for use in fish farms and have been adapted by the creator for aquarium use.

Yes there is a new member who said his fish is swim bladdery. Here's the thread: 

I'm not sure how many people are willing to experiment on their fish but I figure it's worth a try. 

14 hours ago, mjfromga said:

Yes there is a new member who said his fish is swim bladdery. Here's the thread: 

I'm not sure how many people are willing to experiment on their fish but I figure it's worth a try. 

Thanks hun :) 

On 4/21/2017 at 5:36 PM, mjfromga said:

On 4/22/2017 at 8:32 AM, koko said:

Thanks hun :) 

I don't know how I can contact her via PM seeing she/he's a new member. I don't want to post on the thread because what I have is something I have not proven to work on my fish (as I have just used the stuff this morning plus I do not have a floaty fish). If there is a way you guys can hook us up, I would be more than happy to send her some (As long as the person is willing).

1 hour ago, muffluvin said:

I don't know how I can contact her via PM seeing she/he's a new member. I don't want to post on the thread because what I have is something I have not proven to work on my fish (as I have just used the stuff this morning plus I do not have a floaty fish). If there is a way you guys can hook us up, I would be more than happy to send her some (As long as the person is willing).

that member hasn't been on since Weds. I quoted them hopping to get there attention :) Then we can go from there hun :) 

2 hours ago, koko said:

that member hasn't been on since Weds. I quoted them hopping to get there attention :) Then we can go from there hun :) 

TYVM Shannon, I prepared a 10ml bottle for said member, if he she/he decides to take the plunge :)