fishstiks

Adding Foods to Gel mix?

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

What foods/additives do you guys add to your gel mixes (Repashy, NLS, etc)?  I made a batch of Repashy last week, and added deshelled peas, carrots and broccoli.  Fish loved it, I hated it.  I had forgotten why I don't feed them broccoli except on the rare occasion....................the smell in my house after feeding broccoli is just about deadly! lol

So.............I am taking broccoli off the table for feeding.  What foods do you guys add or recommend?  I'd like to give them some variety :-)

I mix my Repashy soilent green with NLS algae gel (I think that's what it's called :rofl ).  Then I've been adding some NLS Thera A pellets and a bit of koi clay.  I don't add veggies . . . 

Broccoli probably isn't the best for them anyway as it can make them gassy. :o

39 minutes ago, fantailfan1 said:

I mix my Repashy soilent green with NLS algae gel (I think that's what it's called :rofl ).  Then I've been adding some NLS Thera A pellets and a bit of koi clay.  I don't add veggies . . . 

Broccoli probably isn't the best for them anyway as it can make them gassy. :o

Chris here...  yes, broccoli does make for farty fishys...  But my fatties do love broccoli!!! :rofl3 

Haha!  I have noticed they are more gassy when I give them broccoli, but they do love it.  Thanks for the tips, I was thinking about trying that NLS gel, maybe I'll order some. 

fish-fart1.jpg

Mine love green beans, although I hear that makes them gassy too. Egg whites are fun!

8 minutes ago, shelbysfish said:

Mine love green beans, although I hear that makes them gassy too. Egg whites are fun!

:teehee