Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fish Of Gold

Dreamsicle sick again with 2 others as well

Dreamsicle's eye is puffy again and the spot on his back by his top fin is raised again too. Plus the other 2 fish in his tank is sick now too. Popsicle is getting white spots on his tail fin and has red streaks in his tail on top. Creamsicle has sores on her belly and red streaks in fins because she has been floaty for 3 days now.

Test Results for the Following:

• * Ammonia Level(Tank). 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tank). 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tank). 5.0
  • * Ammonia Level(Tap). 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap). 0    
  • * Nitrate level(Tap). 5.0 
  • * Ph Level, Tank. 8.0
  • * Ph Level, Tap. 7.6
  • Other Required Info:
    • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? .API drops
    • * Water temperature? .65 degrees F
    • * Tank size (how many gals.) .40 Gallon Breeder tank that has been set up since December, 2014.
    • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? .AquaClear 70, a set of two filters
    • * How often do you change the water and how much? .Once a week. Usually 50% changed, sometimes I change more than 50%. 
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?. Tuesday March 14th, five days ago.
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? .3 goldfish in this tank
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? .Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? .Once a day a mixture of Omega One pellets, Southern Delight pellets, Elive Goldfish Color Granules, and NLS Thera A. One time a week they will get Blood Worms instead of getting pellets, some Repashy, peas, or algae sheets as a treat every now and then.
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? .No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? .No
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. .Prazi for annual maintenance about 7 months ago. Plus MetroPlex, Kanaplex, and Epsom Salt back in January/February 2017 when Dreamsicle first had this same issue. 14 day treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? .Puffy Eye and raised patch on Dreamsicle same as last time. Creamsicle is floaty the past few days with sores and a few white spots, and Popsicle has white spots and reed streaking in his tail fin.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? .Dreamsicle and Popsicle seem fine, active and eating well, but Creamsicle is floating upside down at the water's surface. I've been having to hand feed Creamsicle blood worms, she doesn't keep her pellets or gel food in her mouth, she'll spit it back out and BW are the only thing she keeps in her mouth.
Edited by Fish Of Gold

Sorry to hear that. Hope Dreamsicle feels better .

Photos or video please hun :) 

That doesn't look good at all.  Can you show me some close ups of the white spots you see?  Are they flat or raised/fluffy?  How long did it take these symptoms (white spots and streaking tail) to come on?  

Do you know your kh /gh?

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, Arctic Mama said:

That doesn't look good at all.  Can you show me some close ups of the white spots you see?  Are they flat or raised/fluffy?  How long did it take these symptoms (white spots and streaking tail) to come on?  

Do you know your kh /gh?

I can try to get pics but my cameras zoom doesn't work anymore so it is hard to get close up details most of the time even when using the Micro setting. The white dots are raised and look similar to the white bumps of Ich. I noticed the symptoms almost about 6 days ago. No I don't know the kh or gh, I just know I have hard water. I'll go try to get the pictures now...

Still wont show up very clear grrr! But here are the best ones. You can see on Dreansicle that his lower end part of his fin looks like it is smeared with vary many tiny bumps and looks thickened and white edge to his fin. I couldn't get the dots to show up on Popsicle, they are a few on each side of his tail where it forks off into each lobe but too hard to photo, but you can see where his upper part of his tail fin is red. I tried to get video but that isn't clear either really.

102_9684_edited-1.jpg

102_9695_edited-1.jpg

Can I have a full tank shot :)

Also are those hollow ornaments in the tank? 

The white on the fins might be normal I have a fish that has long trailing fins that drag on everything and he has "callouses" from it.

I have a few animals with these plaques on them, it's usually a healed injury or abrasion, and in some cases is residual from parasites and viruses (like a scar).  On the off chance that isn't it, we think that Koko's colloidal silver protocol is a good thing to try that won't stress anyone out.  Hopefully she will be on later when she has time and give you the rundown.

I don't know if it will help in those, I has helped Google Blacks fish from this time to time. Its a shot.

you will need to order it off of Amazon :) 200ppm would be good for the low end :) 

8 hours ago, koko said:

Can I have a full tank shot :)

Also are those hollow ornaments in the tank? 

No those are not hollow ornaments. Here is a full shot of their tank.

102_9231.JPG

2 hours ago, koko said:

I don't know if it will help in those, I has helped Google Blacks fish from this time to time. Its a shot.

you will need to order it off of Amazon :) 200ppm would be good for the low end :) 

I don't know what that is or what I'm actually looking for. I tried looking it up on Amazon and there are so many different ones and none said 200 ppm, all are lower like 20 and 30, or higher like 240 ppm or more and wow those are some high prices too! 

1 hour ago, Fish Of Gold said:

I don't know what that is or what I'm actually looking for. I tried looking it up on Amazon and there are so many different ones and none said 200 ppm, all are lower like 20 and 30, or higher like 240 ppm or more and wow those are some high prices too! 

This is the Silver I use https://www.vitamingrocer.com/products/amino-acid-botanical-colloidal-silver-500-ppm-31165

I couldn't find it in 200ppm though. I'm wondering if you could just use less drops of the higher ppm one? Koko?

One good thing is a small bottle lasts ages and ages

9 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

This is the Silver I use https://www.vitamingrocer.com/products/amino-acid-botanical-colloidal-silver-500-ppm-31165

I couldn't find it in 200ppm though. I'm wondering if you could just use less drops of the higher ppm one? Koko?

One good thing is a small bottle lasts ages and ages

Yes the higher in PPMs the less you need to use. I have the 1100ppm of that company :) It lasts me about 6 months :) But I use it for a lot of things :)

Is this going to be added to the main tank? Plus how much do I need? I found a 2 ounce bottle of 500 ppm....

48 minutes ago, Fish Of Gold said:

Is this going to be added to the main tank? Plus how much do I need? I found a 2 ounce bottle of 500 ppm....

yes hun... That would be just fine :)

We will be adding if its 500ppm about 8 drops :) 

On March 25, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Fish Of Gold said:

How are you doing ? 

8 hours ago, koko said:

How are you doing ? 

Well the bottle of stuff just arrived today sometime, but I didn't check my mail until tonight so it is too late to start any treatment tonight. So now that I have it, what do I do now, do I just add 8 drops to the tank water like you said? Then what do I do after that?

11 hours ago, Fish Of Gold said:

Well the bottle of stuff just arrived today sometime, but I didn't check my mail until tonight so it is too late to start any treatment tonight. So now that I have it, what do I do now, do I just add 8 drops to the tank water like you said? Then what do I do after that?

Do that every 3-4 days for 2 weeks :) 

10 minutes ago, koko said:

Do that every 3-4 days for 2 weeks :) 

Ok thanks!! :) I'll let you know how it goes.

14 minutes ago, Fish Of Gold said:

Ok thanks!! :) I'll let you know how it goes.

:thumbup2: