Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shelbysfish

Backgrounds

Hello friends,

I'm trying to get everything together to prep for my 40g in the near future, and I'd love to have a nice background instead of just seeing my wall through the otherside. I've not done this before, any tips and products you prefer?

Thanks!!

You can paint the back if you want to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I painted the background of my main tank and I love it since i'm not worrying about the 'paper' backgrounds falling off and getting wet. I have one of them on my bedroom tank (They aren't actually paper..more like plastic?) and I like it but it was a pain to get it on and it's still not on properly lol

I like aquarium paper in solid colors.

I have a piece of cotton batik stretched over poster board. I really like it, and that I could easily change it - but I love the fabric and haven't wanted to. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! These are all wonderful ideas, thank you friends. :)

Would I have to use specific paint for aquarium glass?

hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

:thumbup2:

This might sound odd, but I used a semi-reflective Christmas wrapping paper for one of my tanks Years ago.  Worked just like an aquarium backdrop that you'd buy in the store, and it was lighter (not to mention cheaper)!  The only con is that if you don't have paper that fits the dimensions of your tank, then it could probably be kind of funky looking.  =) 

26 minutes ago, LittleShadow said:

This might sound odd, but I used a semi-reflective Christmas wrapping paper for one of my tanks Years ago.  Worked just like an aquarium backdrop that you'd buy in the store, and it was lighter (not to mention cheaper)!  The only con is that if you don't have paper that fits the dimensions of your tank, then it could probably be kind of funky looking.  =) 

What about when it gets wet? 

You know  Wetness :rofl 

Then it had the same issue as the aquarium paper.  The stuff was surprisingly chill otherwise tho yo; like it didn't act like regular paper that falls apart when it gets wet.  I only had it on a 10 gal though, so it didn't have much to contend with! 

1 hour ago, koko said:

What about when it gets wet? 

You know  Wetness :rofl 

I think I will keep my lip's sealed!!!! OMG!!!!!   :teehee

Opaque window coverings by DC Fix at home depot. Waterproof & many options to choose from!

15 minutes ago, Goldiegirl said:

Opaque window coverings by DC Fix at home depot. Waterproof & many options to choose from!

Now that sounds kinda cool :thumbs: might have to try that :) 

I keep removing mine and letting the sunlight come through,my tank is currently by my sliding glass door in my living room and only gets late afternoon sunshine,but I am looking into the Opaque frosted window treatments so the wiring to lights and stuff aren't so noticeable :)

I custom made my own background.  If you can find the right size poster you could also use that.  You can laminate any paper (or even probably fabric glued to a paper backing) at local education stores to eliminate the moisture issue.