Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
titch

Oxytetracycline in the UK

I recently asked this in my D&D thread but as yet I haven't received an answer.

Unfortunately, I had to euth my 12 year old fantail yesterday as a result of the evil that is dropsy.

In the early stages, I was told that Oxy was the go-to drug for this but it wasn't something I could get my hands on.

I've been trying to track down Oxy this week, as I don't EVER want to be in a position where dropsy rears it's head and I'm helpless again. I contacted AngelsPlus but they said they don't ship to the UK.

Is there anywhere else I can purchase either the flakes or powder from or is there a product that contains the Oxy in enough concentration that you would recommend its use for dropsy?

I would be eternally grateful to anyone that could point me in the right direction. 

There was a saying we had at school - 'Fail to prepare, prepare to fail'. It's so true. I've learnt the hard way that it's best to have my fishy medicine cabinet stocked up for all eventualities. I'd rather have them and not need them than be in a position where I need them and don't have them. Cos it sucks!!

5 minutes ago, FishyMandy said:

It says it's for birds but I've had success using it for fish

AMAZING!!! Thank you so much :happydance

As it's for birds, is it fairly easy to figure out the dosage for fish/litres of water using this?

Yea, Helen put me onto it. I use about 3/4 of a scoop (of the scoop included in it) for every 10g/40litres (or about 3.48 grams if you have a gram scale)

Edited by FishyMandy

Mandy - I'm sending a HUGE hug your way!! :bighug

I'd seen lots of Oxy products for birds, but they all confused the hell outta me, so was hell-bent on sourcing the fishy one AngelsPlus sold.

You've made my day! Thank you x

You're very welcome!