Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bethanylou13

Newbie needing help

I'm a first time oranda owner and today I was watching my red cap oranda swim around when I noticed a white spot on his wen , I proceeded to handle him and wiped at the spot with a q-tip. Once I did that most of the white disappeared and only a faint white blotch was left ? Has anyone got any idea what this could be ?

Most likely Wen growth... If you can give us a photo/photos we can help you tell better :) 

My camera can't pick up the white patch but it is very pale now he is eating and swimming normally and the white patch only appeared over night

29 minutes ago, bethanylou13 said:

My camera can't pick up the white patch but it is very pale now he is eating and swimming normally and the white patch only appeared over night

Most limey then Wen growth. If you see any redness let us know that could be a bacterial infection :( 

As long as the fish remains active and hungry you have nothing to worry about.  Some scientifically oriented goldfish keepers have looked at this white stuff and found mucus, dead fish cells, and some harmless bacteria feeding on this waste.  

Welcome to Kokos!!!!

Welcome!! Happy you found us. Got some amazing experts here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk