Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike73

Repashy Soilent Green and Super Green.

Hello...

Just would like to hear some opinions about feeding Repashy to the Goldies...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine loves loves loves Soilent Green! I hand feed him ;)

It's a good food IMO. I just tired of making it, lol. And it makes your fish poop green, then sometimes the water has a tint of green to it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It's a good food IMO. I just tired of making it, lol. And it makes your fish poop green, then sometimes the water has a tint of green to it.

This exactly what I feel, it's tiring, and there small particles to dirty your water right after a water change... uiuuggghhh. Thank you...

It really has no nutrients in it. i used it as a base to put blood worms and my fish vitamins in it. but i just found new life spectrums gel food. and im in love its way easier to make dosent turn my water green and it has so much good stuff it i have notice my big goldies getting healthier and more vibrant in just a couple days. and my fry are loving it i just drop it in the tank and they go after it. i would guve it a try.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It really has no nutrients in it. i used it as a base to put blood worms and my fish vitamins in it. but i just found new life spectrums gel food. and im in love its way easier to make dosent turn my water green and it has so much good stuff it i have notice my big goldies getting healthier and more vibrant in just a couple days. and my fry are loving it i just drop it in the tank and they go after it. i would guve it a try.

Thanks, of course I'm giving it a try, if you can share a link where you buy it would be even better...
and now looking who to give the remaining repashys powder that I have...

I still have like half a pound of powder left. I now mainly feed Omega One Goldfish sinking pellets as their staple. I found that other high protein pellets and foods makes them constipated.

i just got it on amazon. they have three diff ones. but i just tryed the regular gel mix. they have and alge one and another that i think is for salt water fish. im slowly useing my repashy still but as i said ill add stuff to it so im giving my fish something that they need. im sure you can mix a bit of epahy in with the spectrum to get ride of it and make your spectrum last longer. i think ima try that now that i think about it.

2 hours ago, CometTails said:

Why do you think it has no nutrients?  Which Repashy formula are you feeding?  And why do you think the NLS is so much easier to make?  I have both and as far as I can remember they are the same 1/4 cup powder to 3/4 cup boiling water . . . :idont  

Why do you think it has no nutrients?  Which Repashy formula are you feeding?  And why do you think the NLS is so much easier to make?  I have both and as far as I can remember they are the same 1/4 cup powder to 3/4 cup boiling water . . . :idont  

When im trying to find the best food to feed my fish i look at the first five ingredents because they make up the most of the food. i shouldnt have said it has any nurtients it has better ingredients and less fillers like algae meal pea protien like in the repashy and whole antarctic krill whole fish scallops and spirulina algae as well as others. plus looking at ths growth of my fish while feeding it they didnt show any growth or gain any collor. and i didnt heat water. i just used tank water and then put it in the fridge and it set. so for me it is less of a pain. but i used to microwave the repashy. i dont remeber why i think i saw it on a fish forum. eh.

I'm lazier and cheaper.  I just order a couple of 5 pound bags of Black Water Creek Max Growth Koi and Goldfish Food when it goes on sale (which happens about as often as I run out of food).  I feed it at a rate of 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon per fish per day, the amount depending on fish size.

Edited by shakaho

Lol well I would do that to if I had as many fish as you 

I'm lazier and cheaper.  I just order a couple of 5 pound bags of Black Water Creek Max Growth Koi and Goldfish Food when it goes on sale (which happens about as often as I run out of food).  I feed it at a rate of 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon per fish per day, the amount depending on fish size.

Thanks for the tips. Does this food have good nutrients as well as the others???

When im trying to find the best food to feed my fish i look at the first five ingredents because they make up the most of the food. i shouldnt have said it has any nurtients it has better ingredients and less fillers like algae meal pea protien like in the repashy and whole antarctic krill whole fish scallops and spirulina algae as well as others. plus looking at ths growth of my fish while feeding it they didnt show any growth or gain any collor. and i didnt heat water. i just used tank water and then put it in the fridge and it set. so for me it is less of a pain. but i used to microwave the repashy. i dont remeber why i think i saw it on a fish forum. eh.

In my case about the growth is incredible my Black Thai Oranda have some nice growth in the last 3 weeks that I'm feeding it.. but at the same time I don't want to be too much, like next week I would stop it for a while.

And I have so much powder that I need to give some away cuz it expires in Sep this year and I don't feed that much before that happens...

Thanks for the tips/

49 minutes ago, Mike73 said:

Thanks for the tips. Does this food have good nutrients as well as the others???

I would say if Sharon is using it it would be :)