Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike73

Ranchu trouble maker...

Hello everyone!!!

So I have 2 months with my Black Oranda, it's a Female.

Few weeks ago I bought 2 Ranchus, 1 is already out of quarantine and I put it in the 75g with the Oranda. Now the Ranchu out of quarantine is together with the Oranda but don't leave her alone, it's chasing her like crazy...

my question is:::

How long those this behavior last???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone!!!

So I have 2 months with my Black Oranda, it's a Female.
Few weeks ago I bought 2 Ranchus, 1 is already out of quarantine and I put it in the 75g with the Oranda. Now the Ranchu out of quarantine is together with the Oranda but don't leave her alone, it's chasing her like crazy...
my question is:::
How long those this behavior last???
Any advice/ recommendatio/ideas are welcome...

Are they spawning?. Take the heater out of your rank and see if they calm down. when the water is nice a warm i know my male will stick his nose at my females egg chute and chase her. Thats why i take anything plants out till the water cools down or you will have eggs everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Are they spawning?. Take the heater out of your rank and see if they calm down. when the water is nice a warm i know my male will stick his nose at my females egg chute and chase her. Thats why i take anything plants out till the water cools down or you will have eggs everywhere.

Thanks for the tip, I already did...

Yes when I bought, I bought it with another Ranchu which next day happened to be the female cuz the tank was full of eggs and he was still chasing her for a while until I had to separe them. Now he is with a female Oranda and chasing her too, there no heater in the 75g with the Oranda...
so let's see...

Here's are some pics of all the eggs few weeks ago!!!
234c5a200cfae00334ee3f9a20d9027f.jpg76b6f68d72728a9bcde68d4fc07a60e8.jpg

Man i hate random eggs. what are you feeding them? because most food promotes breeding. brine shrimp and bloodworms as well. it simulates spring when the food is high in protein and everywhere.

and if the temp in the room is still high that means the temp in the tank didnt drop as much as it would if it was colder.

and if the temp in the room is still high that means the temp in the tank didnt drop as much as it would if it was colder.

Well, you got both answers right, everything is making sense, the room temperature is around 72-76 and that is the tank as well...
and about the food I feed a lot of bloodworms, I didn't know that it promotes breeding, I guess slow it down for a while...

Thanks...

6 hours ago, Mike73 said:

Well, you got both answers right, everything is making sense, the room temperature is around 72-76 and that is the tank as well...
and about the food I feed a lot of bloodworms, I didn't know that it promotes breeding, I guess slow it down for a while...

Thanks...

Yup Blood worms will do that. Mine just laid eggs all over too :o:lol 

When goldfish start spawning, they typically do so every two weeks or so for a long time.  Outdoor fish usually start when the water warms up in the spring and do so until late summer early fall.  It doesn't matter a bit what you feed them, but rain tends to stimulate spawning.  So does a change in their environment, like moving fish to a new tank/pond.

Bad Ranchu.  :SmackBottom:

When goldfish start spawning, they typically do so every two weeks or so for a long time.  Outdoor fish usually start when the water warms up in the spring and do so until late summer early fall.  It doesn't matter a bit what you feed them, but rain tends to stimulate spawning.  So does a change in their environment, like moving fish to a new tank/pond.

Sounds about right changing environment, so what should I do??? Just let them be, and remove all the eggs from the tank every time???

41 minutes ago, Mike73 said:

Sounds about right changing environment, so what should I do??? Just let them be, and remove all the eggs from the tank every time???

Or let them eat them :)