Kokos Goldfish Forum
CometTails

Wrong tank no room

I have been in the gold fish hobby for two years now since i won my fish fosh at the San Diego fair and she is still with me today2f9866cc471722ad4789bdb710c7302c.jpg This is after about 6 months of me having her and i went and got her tank mate from walmart because i read they like to be with other golds.4626b99c16a9f89e1b21fa2372a69c19.jpg keep in mind i was a nubbie and still am. 9415bf5120106c32b2803d19dbcdbe9a.jpg now they are 2 and huge. my mom got me tank for christmas a 45 gal tank but its a tall not long and im having dometrouble with keeping the water clear and and my filter isnt working well to get the crap off the bottom. untill i can buy a vanister filter i need some advice i do 90% water changes 1 a week and i cleen the gunk of the bottow when i see it but my water always turns green. my bological filter is set up and ammonia is 0 nitrates 0 and nitrates are less than 5 ppm.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Wow they got big :thumbs:

If you don't want green water, there are ways to fix it. But goldfish do well in green water. :) 

ok so its not a big issue? then ill leave it.

What filter do you have?  How many gallons turned over per hour does it claim?  How often do you clean the filter and how do you do it?  What do you feed your fish, how often do you feed them, and how much do you feed?  Do you aerate the tank?

Fortunately, the fish do well in green water even though it doesn't look good.  

its a fluval hob its rated for a 4 to 70 gal i dont know the specs but i sqeeze the sponge ammonia remover and carbon in old tank water my fish get new life spectrum once a day and blood worms or brine shrimp the send part of the day. and gel food once a month they get less the 40 dont have a way to really measure it i kind of eye ball it buy scooping some in a cupand pre soaking it in vita chem fish formula and they usually have an air stone as added oxygen but i removed it for my fry tank temporarly but i just lowered the water level so the filter aerates the water for now.

i ment 40 not 4 sorry lol

15 hours ago, CometTails said:

its a fluval hob its rated for a 4 to 70 gal i dont know the specs but i sqeeze the sponge ammonia remover and carbon in old tank water my fish get new life spectrum once a day and blood worms or brine shrimp the send part of the day. and gel food once a month they get less the 40 dont have a way to really measure it i kind of eye ball it buy scooping some in a cupand pre soaking it in vita chem fish formula and they usually have an air stone as added oxygen but i removed it for my fry tank temporarly but i just lowered the water level so the filter aerates the water for now.

What is in the filter.? 

i have a fluval sponge amonia remover carbon and sechem bio media rocks.