Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
FishyMandy

Cody

13 posts in this topic

Some of you may remember, Almost two years ago when I posted this thread: 

Today Cody started acting a little off...by tonight he wasn't eating or drinking, was sitting in his litter tray for ages without passing anything, was very sore and very lethargic. We rushed him to the vet who saw him straight away. Upon examining him they found they his bladder was blocked.The vet explained that surgery was an option but not a great one, that it doesn't always work and even if it does that once it has happened they are prone to it happening again and needing further surgery...multiple times...she said it could happen again a week later or a month...you just never knew...the vet said she had seen a fair number of cats come in with the problem, get the surgery and need the same surgery soon after..that it's very stressful and very painful for them.

Cody was in a lot of pain, I couldn't see him go through this multiple times...after a long discussion with the vet with agreed that euthanasia was the best option

So I cuddled him, told him I love him and that I'm sorry I can't help him anymore and let him go to sleep in my arms.

I'm so devastated right now, but I knew a few of you followed Cody's story and I wanted to share this ending with you all. 

Here are some photos from his relatively short time with us. Not in any particular order

KU6o302.jpg

cpvgoNc.jpg

Z5GXv6U.jpg

rwDPbw3.jpg

IGZmLue.jpg

8cPWtlA.jpg

CeV1TOl.jpg

HERUCGa.jpg

RqEI29Q.jpg

aFNOHn9.jpg

XJdDUSd.jpg

E7Nao7x.jpg

eoMBsrP.jpg

30rl0aO.jpg

wUOGNYv.jpg

UE0eOfR.jpg

oG2qdsZ.jpg

cTyeJyM.jpg

mUq6skH.jpg

zPCwcEk.jpg

RIP my beautiful boy

Edited by FishyMandy

I am so sorry for your loss Mandy. As hard it was you did the right thing for Cody. We ALWAYS have to think of them first. RIP Cody.

Rainbow_Bridge_Poem-815x789.jpg

Edited by DawnMichele

Oh no, I'm so sorry Mandy. :bighug     You gave him a wonderful life, one he obviously wouldn't have know without you. :heart

Oh Mandy.....I am so sorry to hear that ya'lls precious time together has come to a close. Hope you are doing ok...it is a hard decision to make. I know he will live happy & healthy in your heart for years to come!!

I'll be honest this brought a tear to my eye. I'm so sorry you had to lose him so soon. :hug putting down an animal is never easy but from what you have said I believe you made the right decision. You done all you could for him and gave him all your love.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Oh I'm so sorry :(  I think you're doing the right thing by him, but that doesn't make the pain of losing an animal any less.

Oh Mandy I'm so sorry! :cry
He grew into a big and beautiful boy with you. hugs to you :bighug

I'm so sorry Mandy.  Hold on to your happy memories with him and the love you shared. :heart

Thank you everyone.  Your support means a lot 

Oh wow hun, I'm so sorry to hear this. I Just started to cry reading this. I know your pain and loss. I still cry over Odie... You did the right thing hun . I'm here if you need anything :hug

Thanks so much koko. I feel like I've done nothing but cry since getting to the vet :(

12 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Thanks so much koko. I feel like I've done nothing but cry since getting to the vet :(

It will get easier but it will always hurt hun. We had put Mookie down in Sept then Odie in Jan it was just all to close together. :( 

But we are all here for you hun.... Just remember you are a good mommy and there wasn't anything you can do.