Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Queens4Fish

What is wrong with Xena?

how you doing?

Soo.... the symptoms have stopped reappearing but those two pesky black dots are not going away...

Do you think I should do one third and final round?

P.s I am sick tho lol  no fishy meds for me :ill

When you can get us an updated photo :) 

Hi Guys 

Here is updated photo- I'm a little sick of this now :/ As you can see the white spots on wen and larger black spots not going anywhere- 3rd round then give up or...? My main concern is whether it is safe to put her in the tank with the other two ryus who are absolutely fine....?

vshz6h.jpg

Edited by Queens4Fish
text missing

I would not treat again, but give it another two weeks in quarantine and see if anything at all changes.  If it stays exactly the same or improves she can go back in with everyone else.  If it gets worse we can talk about it too.  I wouldn't expose other fish at present though.

Hello Again

Thanks for advice Artic Mama, been watching her in QT and.. Here is  pic of Xena's wen.

As you can see this sore in her head is not improving. There was some white stuff coming out of it which I tweezed away ( wanted to see if it was a parasite) it came away as if it were puss (oozing) BUT it was white upon inspection. This is what it looks like now. I'm a little fed up and wondering what to do next?

Displaying 20170321_161719.jpg

On March 21, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Queens4Fish said:

Hello Again

Thanks for advice Artic Mama, been watching her in QT and.. Here is  pic of Xena's wen.

As you can see this sore in her head is not improving. There was some white stuff coming out of it which I tweezed away ( wanted to see if it was a parasite) it came away as if it were puss (oozing) BUT it was white upon inspection. This is what it looks like now. I'm a little fed up and wondering what to do next?

Displaying 20170321_161719.jpg

Photo didn't work hun :( 

It's so weird I can see it on my posts on my side!!!

2a9wbxs.jpg

how about now?

I'd recommend another round of medication and pair it with Furan 2.  If that doesn't work it is time to try something like malachite green.  But I'm not ready to go there yet.  It improved with the last round of meds so I think that's the direction to try again.

How are you guys doing ? :) 

Hi guys

I'm so sorry I was quiet for so long with Easter holidays and being sick myself I had to go quiet for a while.

Xena got better, I followed my gut and just left her alone and things cleared up and I re introduced her to the tank although she periodically gets white patches on her body she seems otherwise fine... I've honestly no clue  with her anymore...

Unfortunately my other fish Titus is now on his side ( does it ever end) this coincided with an accidental large feeding.
As he did manage a pea and to right himself  when I initially moved him to hospital tank and was swimming around I had high hopes but now he is now back on his side and  I feel totally helpless.  I added some kanaplex to the water ( he has had 2 doses) Can I do anything to help him?

I'm also concerned being in a hospital tank with no established filter is making him worse.. So I will take some of the filter media out and put it in his tank too??

Any advice much appreciated.

QFF

Can you get us a video of everyone?

Are you changing out the water for him everyday? 

Glad Xena is doing well and hope Titus feels better soon.

Hi again!

Since I last posted Titus passed on. He went down hill very quickly (It was maybe a week in total) no bruising or swelling other than a bit constipated.. so  it was terribly sad as I felt quite powerless.

The others are now fine but I can't guarantee whatever it is - is gone, if the symptoms( cottonny growthy things or funny stools) come back i'll be back earlier rather than later.

Thanks Dawn and KOKO for postings.

QFF* x

IM so sorry for your loss. RIP Titus. :hug

Im sorry hun :hug 

I'm so sorry you lost him :(