Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Distaff

Moving day for the goldies

Six of the goldies overwintered in the 300 gallon tub. Genji spent the winter inside.  He wasn't doing well in the cooler weather.  Anyway, we are getting a Conex shipping container for storage and it is going into the space that the 300 currently occupies.  Also, the weather is much warmer now here in NM.  Huge yard clean-up and re-arrangement.  Things will be more attractive, and MUCH more efficient.  The plants and fish tubs will actually be reasonably close to the hose - duh.  No it was not quite like that before - lots of awkward turns and tight pathways while carrying buckets. 

So, I set up and filled the 100 gal to hold the six fish until I've finished draining and cleaning and levelling for the 300 gal.  I also set up and filled a 50 gal so Genji can have a little more space (I don't want him in with the others just yet.)  I think the six aren't very happy crowded into the 100 gal.  I hope to have the 300 levelled out  and filled tomorrow, so they can go in the following day.

All this has me (of course) over at Raingarden window shopping all the pretty fish.  'Cause after all, things will be more efficient, right?  Fortunately, money is a limiting factor at the moment  - we just bought a Conex box. remember.  Those things are not cheap, but now I can better organise the house, yard, and out-buildings.

Oh I can't wait to see all of this. Busy busy you have been :) 

Yup, busy.  (Maybe I can loose some weight now, too.  Packed on a little extra padding this winter.)

Fish are back enjoying the big tub (I want a couple more of those!).  They spent all day today covered under a tarp, however.  Bad windstorm.  They wouldn't appreciate getting pelted with falling pecans, and the tar paper from the roof across the street is in little pieces all over our yard.  (Not very happy with the owner of that abandoned property, at the moment.)  One of my greenhouses actually flipped over.  Fortunately, it was empty, so nothing hurt, and not too much damage done.

Here is a lesson to Y'all:  Don't go "window shopping" unless you are planning to buy a fish!  Found something beautiful, lovely, mysterious, of a delightful and unusual shade, moves well in the video....Haven't yet asked Steve at RG for an invoice yet....

HI. Nice to see you. Looking forward to seeing everything.

4 hours ago, Distaff said:

Here is a lesson to Y'all:  Don't go "window shopping" unless you are planning to buy a fish!  Found something beautiful, lovely, mysterious, of a delightful and unusual shade, moves well in the video....Haven't yet asked Steve at RG for an invoice yet

Thats my problem too :cry