Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpartyGalRN

Next Day Koi

Anyone buy fish from next day koi lately? I searched the forums and there were posts about them selling sick fish. I see they have fish on eBay. Just wondering if I should risk it. 

Thanks!

I got 5 telies from them lately and they are fine. But I would be still QT for sure.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

My friend got an Oranda from them. The fish arrived he claimed being handled very poorly by the UPS and the box was delivered upside down. The fish was unable to open its mouth and bottom sat.

He contacted Next Day Koi with evidence, who said to wait. After several more days, the fish still was unable to open its mouth and was worsening. It was becoming apparent the fish was going to die, and they have a 14 day policy. 

They did finally refund the cost of the fish and offered free shipping on the next fish. He gave the fish to a store associate at his LFS as he couldn't help it and it looked like it was just going to die. He never got an update on the fish. He suspects it probably died. 

He didn't know what was wrong with the fish, but after like 5 days of being unable to open its mouth, it was suspected that the fish sustained an injury during transit to the jaw or face. Doubtful that Next Day Koi sent the fish in this conditoin.

It could move its gills to breathe but could not open its mouth to eat. It also did not swim much and was a bottom sitter. We don't blame Next Day Koi for the condition of the fish and they did refund the fish. I'd say give them a shot.