Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
LittleShadow

Goldfish Helps Friend

3 posts in this topic

I had a fish who liked to hide under a plant stool for hours at a time.  When I put food in, one or even all three of his tankmates would grab one pellet then swim to his hiding place until he came out to eat.

Currently, I have two older fish with have tumors sharing a stock tank.  One has multiple, possibly contagious, surface tumors but has no other health problems.  The other has an internal tumor that impacts his swimming ability, so he spends all but feeding time laying on the bottom.  When I put in food, the healthier fish goes to nudge her tankmate into action before she eats anything.  

Chris here...  How awesome is this story and then to catch it on video...  I am absolutely amazed at these wonderful water babies.... :heart   My Mr. Potato Head tends to have butt up issues. :(  ( think I figured out what triggers it, watching closely). His tank mate, Nautilus, ( my Amoonklein baby) always hovers near by as to watch over him when he is butt up at the top of the tank....  love these dang water babies!!! :wub: 

Sign in to follow this