Lizzy

Anyone ever use filter starter balls?

39 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2017 at 4:34 PM, DawnMichele said:

I hope you get some nice big ball's!!!! 

Chris here...  The balls have arrived...  Dawn Michele...  You would be sorely disappointed in size... the largest seems to be about 1/2 inch in. Diameter...  The smallest, about 1/4 inch...  But there's lots in the "very" little bag... Hopefully they are mighty!!! :rofl3   

8 hours ago, Chris1251 said:

Chris here...  The balls have arrived...  Dawn Michele...  You would be sorely disappointed in size... the largest seems to be about 1/2 inch in. Diameter...  The smallest, about 1/4 inch...  But there's lots in the "very" little bag... Hopefully they are mighty!!! :rofl3   

Hi Chris!!! Hope your doing well. IM so happy you got your ball's!!!! It's ALWAYS exciting when you get ball's no matter what size!!! :teehee

3 hours ago, DawnMichele said:

Hi Chris!!! Hope your doing well. IM so happy you got your ball's!!!! It's ALWAYS exciting when you get ball's no matter what size!!! :teehee

:yikes

Chris here...  I ordered the balls, before they landed in the gutter...  I'll  use a couple of them in a QT tub to check the potency... :rofl3.  

Great! Glad to hear someone else is trying them out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is everyones balls doing?  :teehee

On January 16, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Lizzy said:

Haha one project at a time! But I am interested to see it in a more controlled environment too. Once this silly tank of mine decides to cycle, I can get another one going. I've been dreaming of having a lil pea puffer in a smaller community tank! And Bettas again lol. My poor husband emoji28.png

The puffers need brackish water and really don't do well in a community tank. They do best in a species tank. Also, they really require specific food. Very meaty foods and also needs to eat snails with shell to keep their teeth filed down.

are you in Instagram? I can give you the username of a great account. This gal takes excellent care of her puffers.

On January 17, 2017 at 3:49 PM, DawnMichele said:

It's ALWAYS better to have big wood and big balls together!!! 

OMG! OMG! I've missed you Dawn :rofl2

35 minutes ago, Flipper said:

OMG! OMG! I've missed you Dawn :rofl2

I am here!!!!! I LOVE balls!!!! Especially the BIG ONES!!!!!!  :teehee

1 hour ago, DawnMichele said:

I am here!!!!! I LOVE balls!!!! Especially the BIG ONES!!!!!!  :teehee

Chris here...  I said they were little ones!!!  you naughty girl!!! :rofl3 

The puffers need brackish water and really don't do well in a community tank. They do best in a species tank. Also, they really require specific food. Very meaty foods and also needs to eat snails with shell to keep their teeth filed down.

are you in Instagram? I can give you the username of a great account. This gal takes excellent care of her puffers.

Sure, I'd love some Instagram recommendations.

10 hours ago, Lizzy said:

Sure, I'd love some Instagram recommendations.

Motherofsharks on IG. She's got bettas too, but I follow her for her 2 puffers and her care of them! She's excellent!

I have used 2similar products one in my pond.. Called a pond bomb!!...I am slightly concerned to say this..But it is one big ball about the size of a tennis ball!!  =-O

Pure%20Pond%20Bomb.jpg

The other I have used in my tropical tank API stresszyme plus 

api-stress-zyme-plus-bio-filtration-boos

Motherofsharks on IG. She's got bettas too, but I follow her for her 2 puffers and her care of them! She's excellent!

Ooh thanks! Yeah she has green spotted puffers which are brackish water. The Pea Puffer is a total freshwater puffer and can live in some communities, even with multiple pea puffers too.

I'm pretty sure  all puffers do best in brackish, but they'll live in fresh.