Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MadisonLH

I think I'm losing Wilson :(

At around 4 PM on Saturday, the power went out in my apartment complex and they didn't get it back up until 5 AM on Sunday.  I was spending the night somewhere else and I would guess that the temp in my apartment fell to around 45.  All of the fish were doing great before that, but when I got back on Sunday afternoon I found Wilson upside down stuck to the filter intake :(.  I thought he was dead but when I went to take him out he started moving!  I pulled him out and have had him in a smaller container since then, where he's floating on his side.  I was sure he would be gone this morning but he's still hanging in there. He tries to swim around occasionally but as soon as he stops he just floats back up there.  I'm not sure what else to do for him.  He was fine before he got cold.  I'm so upset because he was so inquisitive and my favorite baby. :cry

Hope Wilson feels better.

Well, he's no longer floating but is still sideways at the bottom.  I think this might be an improvement?

How is Wilson today?

It probably wasn't the temperature, healthy goldfish can handle temperature swings quite  well and that isn't too low for them generally.  More likely he was sick and this weakened him further and let whatever was afflicting him gain a stronger foothold.

I hope he bounced back, but with floating and drifting stiffly it's not typical.

He didn't make it :( Poor little guy, he didn't deserve this.

Sorry for your loss

Oh...SO sorry that you lost him.

So sorry for your loss. RIP Wilson.

I'm sorry to hear that. :rip:

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk