Sign in to follow this  
Guest Orandaman

Goldfish Spawning

54 posts in this topic

Hi everyone especially koko i was wondering did my goldfish breed because when i woke up this morning my goldfish tank was white kind of and stuff like small eggs was stuck to the glass and plants so did they breed someone tell me please

Awww! That's so sweet! Spawning goldfish are always interesting to watch. :) BTW, I just noticed something completely off topic: you have the exact same tank background as me! Sorry, had to say that. :rolleyes: ^_^

Guest calico4

That is pretty cool. I have never seen fish spawning before. :yeah:

-calico

Guest Canada gold
:heart wow.Ive never seen this before. Its pretty amazing. Now ive got a 5 gallon tank with 2 goldies in there, and thy are 'spawning'. What do i do? Do i just leave them or what? How will i know when shes had her babies?

Guest Inasoso

Canada Gold, 5 gallons arent good for even 1 goldie. Am I right? But Oooooohhhhhhhhh LLlaaaaaaaa MMMMMMmeeeeannnnn! :yeah:

:D For anyone who checks this out,I just want to say that I have three of Han's and Hilda's babies. Of course,the biggest baby is now going at a strong 8 inches. I read back & saw that both Mommy & Daddy were about 5 1/2 inches! Here's their babies.DSCF3060.jpg

DSCF3819.jpg

Oh wow! Aren't they beautiful? :heart

:lol: Oh thanks! I think so! Back then,there were a few different member's who received babies from Orandaman-from all over the country.(He was from Ca. I can't remember who they were,but I would love to see how their babies are growing too. I think I got those guys when they were 12 weeks old? Were still tiny little Brown things. :lol:

I wonder who else got babies from Orandaman - those guys sure have grown, Sharon! :thud Maybe you can celebrate some sort or "reunion"... :lol:

Wow!! that video was very helpful. I have three goldies, Peaches my orange oranda, pudge my lionhead, and snowflake my white oranda ganging up on Spot my calico fantail (who I thought was a boy) chasing her around the tank, in her but swimming side by side haveing spot squooshed in the middle. The try to do that to red my red cap oranda but red out runs them and they leave her alone and they also try to do it to oreo my other calico fantail (she's the on in my avatar) but she justs pushes them out of the way. Seems like Spot is the favorite.

I fed them freeze-dried Krill last night and the temp. dropped 4 degrees and this is what I woke up to seeing. Funny to watch at first but maybe not for Spot. They won't leave her alone! :lol::unsure:

so thats how they act ???

Greetings Every1~

your video was great it is amazing that could be witnessed i love your oranda's they are very vibrant in their color I also think that your video is very educational as alot of ppl including myself would of never known what they where doing if we wouldnt of seen your video clip again it is a great vid and thanxs for posting it

I have 2 Oranda's they are male & female and the female is a red cap and the male is orange and white with the white growth i have only had these 2 since monday of last week and today i have started to notice that they are getting ready to spawn the male is constantly chasing the female so I hope that they spawn really soon

Guest Wessie

When I was younger, Many years ago my comet 3 male and 1 large female. Chasing female all day 3 male brutal rape on female somehow female won't lay eggs. She was such idiot anyway she was badly wrecked lost all tails as 3 male nip his tails. I had seperate 3 male to other tank and let female rest near dying but survived long time to recover again and regrow tails. Year later they do it again, this female refuse lay eggs GRRRR !!!! I had her for 7 years she never lay eggs. ######. Later I change to 8 Redcap oranda in small tank it was bad timing anyway they did lay eggs but they eat eggs quickly. I'm unable to look after fish because of work and later I become illness retire goldfish 15 years ago. Now I'm back and keen start with Oranda and this time I'm prepare with 3 large tank and for breeds. :D

My favourite are Redcap Oranda and all kind of Oranda. I also interesting in Black Oranda. :)

I will have new tank next year...I hope...

Cheers

Edited by Wessie

Guest mojn

:) Thanks From Sweden!

Now i now what they are doing!

?, ?ntligen ?nnu en svensk!!??

Guest simplygold

wow nice .....its a great vid....sam writes all the way from Sri lanka

Guest haz raver

brill vid :thumb: guys i need help with my fish 3 males and a female help me guys thier in spawning time pm me n stuf please

brill vid thumbsup.gif guys i need help with my fish 3 males and a female help me guys thier in spawning time pm me n stuf please

no one can pm you yet you do not have 200 posts and from your other posts you don't have the room in your tank to make them spawn not to mention you need another tank to keep the fry in.

brill vid thumbsup.gif guys i need help with my fish 3 males and a female help me guys thier in spawning time pm me n stuf please

no one can pm you yet you do not have 200 posts and from your other posts you don't have the room in your tank to make them spawn not to mention you need another tank to keep the fry in.

Good point, but I also just noticed that haz raver already has a topic on his fish's spawning behavior.

Why is he asking for advice in this topic? ;)

wow great clip.though its way too much late but cant wait to thank u.i have light?female green(actually really dont understand da colour but it seem light green) and a?male red and white fan tail in by breeding tank...they they r spawning like than..hihii but my male is bit aggresive though its small from the female lol...let see what comes out...

nahid

Edited by fish_king

Guest sassy_gurl

Mine are spawning they've recently been doing it more constantly and right now they've been at it for over 2 hours ive had them 1 year and a bit will they lay eggs soon, my females got so big!