Sign in to follow this  
Guest Orandaman

Goldfish Spawning

54 posts in this topic

Guest Orandaman

Hi Everyone,

Here is a video clip of Hans and Hilda dancing :hug . This is not yet rated. I hope it's not rated XXX. ;)

For those who have never witness goldfish spawning it's quite intriguing. :rolleyes:

That was cool! I didn't know that was the behaviour when they're spawning. I just thought that my male did that to be annoying to the 2 girls! LOL

:wub: Love isn't it grand. That was a cute video. The female was just HUGH. They are so cute......I love orandas

Laurie

Is there any chance that this topic could be moved upto the top. So i doesnt get lost? Because i think this could help alot of people :)

Guest ed586

Yes, that's behaviour is what I've seen too. The male stimulates the female to lay her eggs by bumping her. Then he sprays his milt over them to fertilize. It only makes sense when you think about it.

Thanks Orandaman!

:o WOW!!! That was something else!!! First time I got to witness something like that ! Those orandas really are pretty.......Thanks Orandaman---Very interesting! ;)

And on top of the breeding page it is now! Thanks Orandaman, great footage! :)

Guest Flipper

Not so great to watch after 10 of them have ganged up on the moma and almost killed her though :o (. Lost one of mine in the breeding ritual. She wedged herself between some rocks and the water level dropped when the pumped got clogged and she found herself out of water. Very sad. The other moma they make a mess of as well. I sometimes catch her and put her with the kois for a break.

Guest pandatelescope
:( I can't watch for some reason.I want to see.I'll have to go whatch my fish see if she's any different or the males wont leave her alone.

Guest Orandaman

For those that are having trouble with the video, perhaps you need to download and install the latest version of Windows Media Player.

Click here to download. It's free for all operating system; XP, 2000, ME, NT, 98, 95, Mac OS X, 9, 8, etc.

Or, find it at Microsoft download center at www.microsoft.com.

Hans and Hilda spawining. Be patient. For some, it may take a few minutes. Depending on the speed of your connection.

For those who have never witness it, will find it quite intreguing. The chasing action is more of a contant nudging from behind by the male. It's not like a territorial, chasing away an intruder kind of a thing. It's hard to describe. You'll have to see it for yourselves. There is no agression. Although they may make quite a stir, splashing at the surface and all. That's why all sharp object and ornaments should be removed from the tank during this time. :D

My I add this to the site hun? I would love to add it to the breeding page :D

Guest prologic77

nice video...very intriguing... By the way..how old are these beautiful orandas? :)

thanks,

prologic

Guest Orandaman

Yes, Koko, of coarse you may add it to the site.

Thanks prologic77. Hilda, the female is about 3 1/2 years old and Hans is about 3 years old.

They are 5 1/2 inches head to tail.

Guest Emma

OMG! My two fish started doing that the second they met. I have a goldfish and a Calico Fantail goldfish. They look really good together but started spawning the second they met. Hopefully my dad doesn't freak out.

Oh my, what a wonderful little video! It's so adorable! *sigh* :wub: isn't love the cutest thing? The orandas are so beautiful... they honestly are.. I wish I could get a video of my fantails...

OMG!!!

My fish have been doing that!!!! Not for so long though... they only do it in short spurts...

When do they mature???? I have only had mine for 2 weeks... they r only small... r they old enough 2 b mateing???

I found ur video very cute... they r beautiful fish! :heart

It won't play for me!! :unsure: I DL the new windows thing...and it still won't work!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this is frustrating!!

Thank you very much for this video-- it helped me figure out what GEF was doing to my new fantail!

So we all made it safe and sound to Ottawa, I visited the vvvv and picked up a new plant for GEF and Crumpet, and a couple of decorations. I just added them, and figured it was time to finally introduce Cuthbert to the main tank (after being in quarantine for 3 weeks) since things were changed around and there would be less chance of a territorial-thing. So in goes Cuthbert (who I bought at a fair size-- about the same size as GEF who is 3 years old) and not two minutes later, GEF has his snout rammed up Cuthbert's anal area, chasing her around like mad (Didn't know Cuthbert was female until this point--could never get a close enough look at her anal port to see for sure). I panicked a little-- I had never seen anything like this before, got the internet connection up and going, and logged on here to see what this new behaviour was all about. My little GEF's growing up! *sniff*

I've taken out my new decorations (way they were carrying on, someone was going to get hurt! Poor Crumpet's just kinda twiddling his thumbs trying to look the other way :lol: ) and hopefully they'll tire themselves out sooner or later.

Thanks again, Orandaman!

Edited by GEF

What a beautiful video... of beautiful fish! Did this chasing end up with hundreds of eggs in your tank?

Wow! That was so interesting to watch. My common does that to my calico fantail but I've never seen any eggs drop. I pretty sure my fantail is a female.

Your fish are so beautiful!

Guest 20292

Do you have any fry yet? That is what my goldfish were doing and the next morning i found a strand of clear stuff so i took it out and apparently it is not fry becuase it has been 3 days and they have not hatched.

Dean

Guest Orandaz

what filter is that in the video clip of Hans and Hilda dancing

my common goldie keeps harassing my oranda that way.. he's such a perve.. i've taken him out of the tank twice and stuck him in a jail cell :lol: just to give her a rest... at first i thought it was cute... but when she starts to look exhausted and cant swim straight, it gets upsetting. very good video, though.. i know it'll help alotta people. i guess that's why most shops suggest getting 2 or 3 females for every male you buy... i wished i listened when i got my guppies... i lost 5 females to a bunch of males in heat. :crp ... btw.. your fish are gorgeous.