Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anorea

Lemon isn't looking good :(

Lemon has been floating, first vertically, then belly up on the surface.

I've already made an appointment with my vet, but that was a week ago, and I still have to wait until Friday for his radiographs/procedure (she's probably having some air removed from her anterior swim bladder, but it depends on the what the radiograph shows).

Friday afternoon, I noticed that her floating was now more on her right side. I called the vet and left a message with their answering service, but they have been closed.

I called back today, because this morning, Lemon's floating was most definitely mostly on her right side now, and this bloody spot appeared:

39e3f45cd2802a588f06e0f7458d2216.jpg

This morning, these bruises appeared. :(

They are calling me back tomorrow about a possible emergency visit.

Tonight, the blood spot is about 2x's bigger, and Lemon can't even get down to the bottom of the tank. :( She's literally like a balloon. Some of her scales on the bloody spot have lifted up a little. :(

I'm worried about her obviously, and I'm hoping that the bloody spot is just from her hitting herself on something on the way up to the surface, or irritation from the air hurting her slime coat. I put her in a breeder basket for the night, so that she can't hit anything, and maybe gets less pull from the current.

Anyway, any thoughts? Am I in the right forum?

:( :( :( :(

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Edited by Anorea

I'm having the same issue, but not quite as bad as your Lemon. I was told to keep the water circulation down, lower the water to about 6 inches, and put the fish on a fasting for a few days. Probably about 5 days, then start back up with soft foods like bloodworms, peas etc.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I feed repashy soilent green as her main food source, which is soft, and had her fast for a few days a week ago, given peas etc. Fasting can only do so much, and after a few days it's become apparent that it's not an issue with general floatiness. Her air bubble has moved her internal organs around, I'm pretty sure, or I'm scared of, at least. I am wondering if she is egg bound and that could cause the shifting of organs.

Oh yeah, also, her poops have been strangled looking (small in diameter) since she started this bloating business.

I hope your fish gets better with the easy treatments, Chaory. I'm shelling out $210 for just air removal and the radiograph. That doesn't include if anything else is wrong. All that advice is really good though, thanks so much for your thoughts. <3

Edited by Anorea

I'm sorry, it may be an organ issue and it may be a bacterial issue, exacerbating the existing swim bladder problem. Hard to say, but I hope your vet can give you definitive answers!

Thanks ArticMama. :) I hope it's something the vet can fix. I'm kinda wondering if she is egg-bound, and that shifted her swimbladder around.

I'm sorry she isn't doing well! I hope the vet can give some answers

Thanks FishyMandy. :)

Good luck.  We have little success with this set of symptoms.  The vet can probably identify any causative organisms and can use injectable medications directed toward the culprit.  

Yeah, I know it doesn't look good. :( What are your suspicions?