Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
SweetMamaKaty

Evie Says "Hi!"

201 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SweetMamaKaty said:

I weighed her again today out of curiosity, and she's 25# now, so she's gained 6# in about 3 weeks.

Me too!! :yikes

Hi Kathleen. I have the same problem with Liliana that you have with Evie and pulling on the leash. I try to keep Lili as tight as I can on the leash. Its hard but you have to keep on them because when they get BIGGER we will have a problem with them pulling us down. Especially you with Evie!!!! 

4 minutes ago, DawnMichele said:

Hi Kathleen. I have the same problem with Liliana that you have with Evie and pulling on the leash. I try to keep Lili as tight as I can on the leash. Its hard but you have to keep on them because when they get BIGGER we will have a problem with them pulling us down. Especially you with Evie!!!! 

Does Lili try to bite the leash?  I'm using the Grannick's bitter apple spray on it, which works on our other household things, but for some reason she is kind of a wild woman once we get outside. :o

Get one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Walk-Train-Halter-Black-Medium/dp/B0002DIPFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484950049&sr=8-1&keywords=walk+n+train

No more pulling.  It's not a muzzle.  They can still breathe, bark, take a drink, etc but they won't pull when walking.  I got one for Rudy at the request of his trainer when we took that class and it works great.  I got one for Riley too but I haven't trained her on it yet . . . .

2 hours ago, SweetMamaKaty said:

Does Lili try to bite the leash?  I'm using the Grannick's bitter apple spray on it, which works on our other household things, but for some reason she is kind of a wild woman once we get outside. :o

Lili use to be really bad with biting the leash!!!! I kept on her and told her NO Liliana and she is alot better with it. She understands the word NO. You have to stay on them. 

Its also a good idea to clean her ears, clip her nails and brush her teeth. The earlier you can get them use to it the better when they are adult's. 

Thanks Dawn :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winslow was a leash biter too... not fun! :no:

Once i found his cues (queues? Always forget which is which :rofl) for when he'd start up, I'd distract him and make ME the boss! Just a simple Wait, Sit, Walk, whatever... it's a lot easier to stop it before it happens, than when they're thrashing with a leash in their mouth :thud

Oh, what a cutie pitooty!

She makes a pretty good draft guard too. :teehee:
10996e338875e2b5f700d43b9a0a383f.jpg

:tomuch:

I got a mud room that needs one.. Can we borrow her :tomuch:

Evie just got hurt.

She was trying to get on the couch, then reared into the coffee table. Hurt her front leg and is limping.

I called the vet and they said to crate her for the night and could give half a baby (edit: aspirin). If not better tomorrow, I can call and they can get her in.

Ohhh poor baby! :( and you too!

Hope she's better by tomorrow :pease:

Hope she is feeling better tomorrow. Give her a :hug from us.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Thanks, I think the aspirin is helping her feel better at least.

Hope Evie feels better.  :hug

She's a tough girl.  I bet she's feeling all better in the morning.  She probably just needs me to come and snuggle with her. :teehee

:gcar:

I hope she feels better hun :)

Aww poor baby! I hope she is feeling better!

Thank you everyone