Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mjfromga

Only tank I have left now

All other tanks/tubs have been shut down. It was too overwhelming for me and I began to struggle with maintenance and not being well etc. All the other fish are currently fine and I moved outside to a large pool/pond thingy.

Only Kirsche and Tarako the wee Orandas are in the 55 and I will keep it this way for less maintenance. Excuse the messed up sponge filters. My valve has been giving me a hard time lately. I'll fix it.

Kirsche and Tarako look FANTASTIC Myra!!!! You have done a great job with them!!!!

I like it...

I used to many years ago have 5 tanks. then it went down to 3 tanks then to one. Life changes hun, and its okay :)

It looks nice  :goodjob

I too understand about having to downsize. At one time I had 11 tanks going in my small apartment. I'm now down to 3 (that I have trouble maintaining). 

Downsizing can be a bummer, but you gotta be able to take care of you and then do the best by the fishes. The tank looks great and hopefully you can get some more up and running in the near future. :)

They look great :) Glad you are still able to keep your other guys

Thanks everyone. Vicious low temps near 20° on the way soon and I will once again have a struggle on my hands as EVERYONE (even the ones that are used to the cold) must come inside for 3-4 days or so.

That's one thing I love about living here in Australia, it's never so cold that I have to bring everyone inside

Citrine is outside then?

Yeah it would be nice if this week freeze bit would stay away, but alas it won't. There's no way I even remotely attempt to leave them out there in that.

And yes Citrine went outside. When I bought her, she was in super cold water left outside for multiple days past the show and I was told I could just throw her in my Koi pond. I don't have a Koi pond but most people buying fish do so it was assumed I did.

I'm honestly not worried about her at all. I'm assuming concern was the basis of that question.

I just remember her being in a shallow tub (couldn't remember if that was because she couldn't handle the depth of a tank or you just didn't have room) 

If you are not worried, I won't be either! ;)

Hows everyone doing Myra?