Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Lizzy

What's the worst thing your dog has eaten?

11 posts in this topic

87022c64c74a1bcba7372cfc46164777.jpg

This is me and my fur baby, Bo. She's a lady, so confusing I know, but she was named by children who really wanted to name her "Bow" as in a hair bow Anyway, yesterday my husband and I left her for a couple hours to go bowling with friends and when we came home, well disaster struck. We found that she had gotten into some holiday treats, as in a whole bag of Reese's miniature peanut butter cups, foil and all, and a bag of sour patch watermelons . Yikes! She's fine, all clear with the vet. But MAN! This dog of mine! Last week she ate a tea bag, all but the string thank goodness. Then THIS! Needles to say, her poop has been rather sparkly thanks to the foil wrappers ????

So it got me wondering, what's the worst thing your dog has ever eaten?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dog once at a whole pork roast, including the netting that they put around it :yikes My dad took it out the oven and put it on the counter then went to do something else, came back the the roast was gone and the dog was finishing up the remnants of it. He ended up so sick, was vomiting for days and almost had to be hospitalised. Luckily he threw up the netting in one piece, I was worried it was going to get tangled inside of him. He was not feeling good for about a week! Once he started eating again the vet said to just give him boiled rice and chicken, but he picked the chicken out and left the rice :doh:

Edited by FishyMandy

My dog once at a whole pork roast, including the netting that they put around it :yikes My dad took it out the oven and put it on the counter then went to do something else, came back the the roast was gone and the dog was finishing up the remnants of it. He ended up so sick, was vomiting for days and almost had to be hospitalised. Luckily he threw up the netting in one piece, I was worried it was going to get tangled inside of him. He was not feeling good for about a week! Once he started eating again the vet said to just give him boiled rice and chicken, but he picked the chicken out and left the rice :doh:

Oh my goodness I would have lost it! I'm glad he's alright considering the netting. Just like dogs to pick out the good stuff, like chicken, and leave the rice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigredo ate an incense stick as a puppy. The entire thing except the stick park that has no incensey stuff on it. He sat in the corner trembling from the stomach ache it caused. Few moments later, he threw it all up. He immediately felt better and was fine shortly afterward. I don't know why he did that. Something made it taste good to him.

Your story is hilarious!  My dog Banjo did the exact same thing.  He opened a full bag of reeces eggs, ate all of them, wrappers and all.  I came home that day from work, saw the empty bag and thought "how rude of my husband to not leave me a few!"  I was fooled, because somehow Banjo opened the bag at the top, just like a human would do.  Anyways, I had no idea he had eaten them until he pooped out all the wrappers!! :)

My dog Chula got a full 9x13 pan of dark chocolate fudge brownies off the counter while I was at work, ate about 80% of it.  When I came home from work, I found 6 piles of vomit, and the pan of brownies on the floor.  Good thing she was able to get it all up herself, because I may have been too late! 

Other animals poop. I live in the country.

1/4 bottle Cointreau  :stars ... don't even bother asking how.. the cat was involved in creating the dog's easy access to the liqueur.. :doh11:  

Chicken poop. Sparky if he can get ahold of some while we are outside he will eat it if you can't get it away from him fast enough.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Golly! These are great stories, glad to hear I'm not alone!

Helen, the Coointreau cracks me up. Our friends once filled Bo's bowl with Blue Ribbon beer and she lapped it up at an alarming rate. :doh11:  

When my dogs were working flock guards & Ruh (Anatolian Shepherd) was young, I was mucking out the sheep barn & saw him digging around in a manure pile - the dogs used to hunt non-livestock critters, & sometimes they'd cache them for later - & he pulls out something that was sort of furry with blotches of grass green. It was a putrid dead ground squirrel, & he was chewing on it - I went to take it away & toss it over the fence with a shovel, but he'd already eaten about 1/2 of it. He was so sick for the next week. And after that, he'd still hunt squirrels, but he'd leave them lay, he never ate another one. And yes, the dogs would all scavenge stuff - fresh manure (horse, sheep, poultry, goat), placentas during lambing season, & in the summer I'd have to fence my melon patch or they'd steal all my watermelons just when they got ripe. 

Other animals poop. I live in the country.

mine eat there own.