Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris1251

Something very strange! Advice Please!

Chris here... Hi all... I need your help for my Hubby... I'm still I'm the Pacific Northwest on a family emergency... Almost 2 months now... :( but we do what we can for our loved ones...

My hubby has been bravely caring for my water babies while I have been gone... And has been doing a great job... But 0'dark thirty this morning he sent me two very poor quality videos and asked me "WTH" is this??? (That was the exact message with the videos). Of course I have absolutely no clue... I asked him to take a picture of it out of the water... But he had sucked it out of the tank and sent it down the garbage disposal before he messaged me... I asked him if it was poop... He said it was too big for poop... I asked him if it was alive, he said that he thought so... I told him I would try to find out if any one on the forum know what it was and how it got in the tank....

The hubby has been doing weekly WCs of 90%. Tank is 40 gallons with 2 AC 70s, 1-24" air wand, 1- air stone and 1 diy skimmer to skim the protein from the surface water... Tank temp is set at 75 degrees.... I believe that he did the last water change on Friday, which is 4 days ago... I know my son's girlfriend has been testing the tank daily with the API Master test kit... I will have to get the latest numbers from her... but if any of the results were less that top quality, she would have let me know right away....

My hubby's last txt to me before he left for work was to contact "Seaquest DSV" for help! :rofl3 at least he has a sense of humor about freaking me out at 4:30 in the morning when I'm a few thousand miles a way... :thud

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/thelaphams/media/9769245D-27B9-4BD5-A3BA-7764ECFB4B8C_zpsenjxbehs.mp4.html

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/thelaphams/media/D7198283-42F3-4826-B61E-1CB08279829D_zpswfygqlza.mp4.html

Please advise.... Thanks in advance....

It's hard to see but it looks like poop to me.  :rofl  It's large enough I'd have him remove it if it's still there . . .   :idont

USO  :rofl3

Do you have a lot of current in the tank?  In the first video it resembled a bit of string algae getting tossed around by the current.  He needs a lot better focus for us to ID it.

That is poop. Looks like it has air in it. I might feed de-shelled peas for a couple days.

Hi Chris, Jim here. It looks like a giant piece of crap to me. My fish pass these jumbo ones every once in awhile. I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens again, feed peas for a few days.

Hope your family issues turn out OK.

Best wishes, Jim.

Since I can't find anywhere else to ask this, I will ask here. Why aren't I allowed to edit my own content?

Thank you, Jim.

Welcome to Kokos, Jim!  

You can edit only during a brief period after you post, so proofread carefully before you hit post.  If you don't succeed in doing that, your best choice is to quote the post you want to change and make your corrections.  You can request a mod to delete a regrettable post.

You can request a mod to delete a regrettable post.

:teehee

Looks like poop to me too! :rofl

Chris here... :rofl3 Thank you all!!! When I told my hubby what the consensus was of what he was seeing, catching and putting in the garbage disposal was poop... His response was WTH, "I don't even poop that big!!!"

The way it was moving around the tank he thought for sure it was alive... Really bad videos for sure... but I thought to ask the experts just in case since I'm not there...

I hope to get home next week so he won't have do care for the fishys any more... They are mine... So he really is doing a great job with some thing he has not done before... (And doing it for two months!!!) I think I'll keep him... :heart

Chris here... :rofl3 Thank you all!!! When I told my hubby what the consensus was of what he was seeing, catching and putting in the garbage disposal was poop... His response was WTH, "I don't even poop that big!!!"

:tomuch:

Might be a good idea to fast for a day or two . . . :lol2

The fish, not your husband.  :rofl

The fish, not your husband.   :rofl

Sounds like the husband needs food!

The fish, not your husband.   :rofl

Sounds like the husband needs food!

Chris here... :teehee:rofl3 You are toooo funny!!! Love it!!!

How are we doing?

Chris here...  I'm pleased to report that there has not been anymore poop monster sightings... :rofl3  And the hubby was really happy to be relieved of fish duty when I finally came home...  He says that he is now the official "Fish Whisperer" in the house!!!  At that pronouncement, Mr. Potato Head responded with a large tail splash while the hubby was next to the tank... :rofl2

Gotta love a guy that battles poop monsters! :heart

1 minute ago, Chris1251 said:

Chris here...  I'm pleased to report that there has not been anymore poop monster sightings... :rofl3  And the hubby was really happy to be relieved of fish duty when I finally came home...  He says that he is now the official "Fish Whisperer" in the house!!!  At that pronouncement, Mr. Potato Head responded with a large tail splash while the hubby was next to the tank... :rofl2

Gotta love a guy that battles poop monsters! :heart