Kokos Goldfish Forum
gto1605

Hikari lionhead and new life spectrum for black ranch

Hi guy,

I have small black ranchu and calico ranchu which have black colour at his body, should i avoid using hikari lionhead as they will enhanced their colour? And how about new life spectrum?

Thank you

I'd prefer to go with NLS over Hikari. I've found both bring out my fishes colours but a lot of fish get floaty on Hikari food. I use the NLS Thera-A

Edited by FishyMandy

I'd prefer to go with NLS over Hikari. I've found both bring out my fishes colours but a lot of fish get floaty on Hikari food. I use the NLS Thera-A

It will lose their blackness becoz enhance colour food?

I don't find that the food affects whether they keep their black. Most of my calicos keep their black, and it even darkens. So far my black moor and black comet have kept their black too. But you just never know with goldfish! 

I use Hikari Lionhead and it's fine. It doesn't change their color much.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I use Hikari Lionhead and it's fine. It doesn't change their color much.

For other colour they are fine but the black is the one that i concern about. Last time i have black oranda now he become red and with i know maybe becoz they are still young

Thanks

The color changing is mostly genetics. They usually change colors during the first year. The color enhancing foods only enhances it.

Chaory is right. Black is a really unstable colour in goldies and a lot of fish end up changing colour from black no matter what you feed

Chaory is right. Black is a really unstable colour in goldies and a lot of fish end up changing colour from black no matter what you feed

So doesnt matter even they are adult? Thinking to get apache oranda

Yea, if the fish is going to change colour it will. Some find that lighting, or getting sunlight helps keep the black. I have two black fish who have been in my pond and have stayed black, I don't know if that is just coincidence though.

I find calicos more often keep their black and their colour often gets stronger in my tanks