Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chaory

Swimming

My red and white ranchu sometimes swim with her head below her body. Is this normal for some goldfish or is it something to worry about?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

a video would help alot. but in general Ranchus and lionhead do that sometimes :)

It could be because she has a high arching back. She wiggles while swimming, while the calico around the same size is a great swimmer. She is slightly shorter than the calico, but she's thicker.

Oh yeah, she's been yarning a lot also. Been quarantining the two for about a week now, with General Cure.

Must be a floating issue. Today I notice her just float all the way up towards the top of the tank while on the same spot. Was thinking of ordering some Rapashy solid green.

The ranchu has gotten slightly better, from feeding her Rapashy Solient Green, but still have an imbalanced swimming disorder, just not floating to the top as much.

Just checked out Coast Gem USA'S preorder stock video on their main page and on the 3rd video, there is an oranda with a swimming issue. Go check it out. Makes me smh.

9 hours ago, Chaory said:

The ranchu has gotten slightly better, from feeding her Rapashy Solient Green, but still have an imbalanced swimming disorder, just not floating to the top as much.

Just checked out Coast Gem USA'S preorder stock video on their main page and on the 3rd video, there is an oranda with a swimming issue. Go check it out. Makes me smh.

If you can order some Duck Weed. Then place it in the tank. or get a Qt tank with filter and place it in there with the fish. Let the fish eat only the duck weed for about a week. See if that will help :)

What Koko said, but also put the floaty fish in a very shallow container.  Something like this or this.  The larger swimming area and very shallow water make it easier for the fish to swim upright.  Exercise and the duck weed help to correct any dietary problems that might contribute to buoyancy and balance problems.  

Edited by shakaho