yogosans14

Best LED lights for Goldfish?

6 posts in this topic

I looked on amazon and they had a Aqueon light strip for cheap and a marine land one, which one would show off fishes colors better?

Right now I use the Aqueon fluorescent hood and it's to dim for

My tastes.

I have a basic Marineland LED on my 75 gal. goldfish tank which does great (even for the plants), & when the old Aqueon fluorescent hood on my 10 gal. tropical tank died, I replaced it with a Marineland LED, which I like so much better.

Truthfully, it doesn't matter if it's just for fish. Any LED for your size tank will do - most will be between 6000 and 10,000K. As for colour, that's also entirely optional, but I wouldn't exceed 10,000K - after that you get more blue light.

I had the Current Satellite led system on my old 55 gallon and loved them,My 5.5 gallon tanks came with the Aqueon led lights in the hood and I find them a bit dim as well,I'm looking into the marineland led lighting for my current 55 gallon tank in the future :)

I have the Marineland double bright on my 75 and 40 and the single bright on my 10 gallon.  So far so good and I've had them several years.

I just replaced my Marine land strip with the Current Satellite plus, and it's pretty rad. Kinda regret not getting the one with the timer.