Sign in to follow this  
yogosans14

No longer wanting to make Gel food, can I just use pellets from now on

9 posts in this topic

I can't stand the way repashy smells and it always ends up making our refrigerator smell bad. My parents get annoyed by the smell and I just wanna stop using it all together.

I currently am feeding omega one pellets and I was thinking of upgrading to Saki Hakari pellets and just use that as a staple. Would that be ok? I will obviously feed some veggies every now and then.

Any high quality pellet will be fine as a staple. (Unless you happen to have fussy fish that get floaty on anything other than gel food). My personal favourite is New Life Spectrum Thera A

No judgement. It can smell...well, high tide at seashore for sure.

Home-made gel food. It is a calling, heh.

I throw crushed pellets in when I don't have the time to feed them individually.

KawaiiAttitude.jpg

"You what?!!?!?!?!? "

Edited by mysterygirl

Any high quality pellet will be fine as a staple. (Unless you happen to have fussy fish that get floaty on anything other than gel food). My personal favourite is New Life Spectrum Thera A

Ok thanks :)

Would you recommend New Life Spectrum over Saki Hakari?

I haven't tried Saki Hikari but I have used Hikari Lionhead, Hikari Staple and Hikari Gold and out of all those I think my inside fish do better on NLS and my outdoor fish on a mix of Hikari Staple and Gold

I've seen too many experienced people say hikari food encourages floatiness to recommend their foods.  

Southern Delight is a favorite with my finned friends.

Hikari has too much wheat apparently. Saki Hikari and Hikari Lionhead seem to be the ones that cause the worst floating issues. I'd actually avoid like plague. Taryl uses a food called Paradigm Herbivore that seems good if you can deal with a kinda crumbly food.

Don't use the gel if you don't want to. Yes, j use paradigm herbivore, but there are honestly plenty of good dry foods. Ken's earthworm sticks are another staple here and my fish love them!