titch

Help! part 2

Looking better hun :) 

21 hours ago, shakaho said:

Keep dosing the metro.  

Will do, thank you.

18 hours ago, koko said:

Looking better hun :) 

Yes, he is doing quite well at the minute :) I'm not getting too excited yet though as the redness seems to come and go periodically with no kind of pattern (to me anyway).

Fingers crossed we're getting it under control.

He looks much better to me as well.  Great job!

On 2/9/2017 at 1:34 PM, shakaho said:

Keep dosing the metro.  

Update...

Still looking much the same as he did on 9th February - wen & body looking good. Fins still showing signs of streaking & a few lumps and his belly still has the yellow/pink/orange patch.

How long should I continue with the Metro and do you want me to start Kana again? If so, when?

Note: started Metro & Kana together on 29/01 (6 doses)

Stopped Kana on 10/02, continued Metro on its' own (currently had 4 doses, so 10 in total of Metro). Next dose due tomorrow (Saturday).

5 hours ago, titch said:

Update...

Still looking much the same as he did on 9th February - wen & body looking good. Fins still showing signs of streaking & a few lumps and his belly still has the yellow/pink/orange patch.

How long should I continue with the Metro and do you want me to start Kana again? If so, when?

Note: started Metro & Kana together on 29/01 (6 doses)

Stopped Kana on 10/02, continued Metro on its' own (currently had 4 doses, so 10 in total of Metro). Next dose due tomorrow (Saturday).

On the last day I would like you to get us some photos of the fish hun. So we know what we are looking at. Don't change meds hun... Continue and then we will figure it out from there :) 

8 minutes ago, koko said:

On the last day I would like you to get us some photos of the fish hun. So we know what we are looking at. Don't change meds hun... Continue and then we will figure it out from there :) 

OK, I won't be able to upload these until Monday I'm afraid.

I'll dose again with the Metro tomorrow and take photos on Sunday/Monday morning.

Not sure what you mean by 'On the last day...' though? Do you mean on the last day of treatment? When is/should that be?

Edited by titch

23 minutes ago, titch said:

OK, I won't be able to upload these until Monday I'm afraid.

I'll dose again with the Metro tomorrow and take photos on Sunday/Monday morning.

Not sure what you mean by 'On the last day...' though? Do you mean on the last day of treatment? When is/should that be?

I was assuming Saturday was your last day hun. Normally 10 days or 14 days is the max... So I would like to see photos before we move on or not :) 

4 minutes ago, koko said:

I was assuming Saturday was your last day hun. Normally 10 days or 14 days is the max... So I would like to see photos before we move on or not :) 

Days or doses?? He's already been on the Metro for about 19 days, which works out at 10 doses (dosing every 2 days) - 11th due tomorrow.

Should I stop with the Metro? :scared

Yes. Days, not doses.

Ok I'm confused. 

After 14 days of dosing metro & kana together (dosing every other day therefore 6 doses) I stopped the kana & continued with the metro on its own as per recommendation. 

Should I not have. Should I have stopped both meds?

10 minutes ago, titch said:

Ok I'm confused. 

After 14 days of dosing metro & kana together (dosing every other day therefore 6 doses) I stopped the kana & continued with the metro on its own as per recommendation. 

Should I not have. Should I have stopped both meds?

Well lets stop now hun. Get the fish into nice clean water then in 24 hours report with some photos hun. :) 

I believe I recommended that as it was doing its job. Kana is harmful on the kidneys and Metro not so much. Your okay hun :) 

Phew!!:thud

Will do. Thank you. 

On 2/17/2017 at 6:17 PM, koko said:

Well lets stop now hun. Get the fish into nice clean water then in 24 hours report with some photos hun. :) 

Here he is. He's been in clean water only since Friday evening.

Bit concerned about the patch on his right hand side. Is this just missing scales or something more sinister?

He has a patch on his left which looks almost yellowy-white. Not sure if this is an issue or just a mark of healing.

There's a red pimple on his chin. Only very very slightly raised and quite small (image isn't great). 

His fins are still streaky and has a few lumps and bumps, but nowhere near as  bad as we've seen previously. Fins are hard to photograph well!!! :mad:

His wen looks good though! :) :teehee

Where do we  do from here?

IMG_3216_zpsrvfnffu4.jpg

IMG_3221_zpslupciyef.jpg

IMG_3225_zpsvhsf0o8d.jpg

IMG_3233_zps39frcrqh.jpg

IMG_3235_zpsbzgfxs4z.jpg

IMG_3239_zpsataqpmmy.jpg

IMG_3243_zpsfxxkkr3r.jpg

OK. He's looking much better hun.

I would like you to keep him in clean water for another 2 days. I want to just keep an eye on him. :) See if it comes back or not. If not we may be able to but him back in the main tank :) 

1 hour ago, koko said:

I would like you to keep him in clean water for another 2 days. I want to just keep an eye on him. :) See if it comes back or not. If not we may be able to but him back in the main tank :) 

:happydance

What do you think that patch is on his right? Just missing scales or a symptom of his mystery illness?

5 minutes ago, titch said:

:happydance

What do you think that patch is on his right? Just missing scales or a symptom of his mystery illness?

Just looks like scales came off :( 

1 minute ago, koko said:

Just looks like scales came off :( 

Wonder what on though? Only air stone & heater in QT & I never noticed any scales in the water during WC. :blink:

7 minutes ago, titch said:

Wonder what on though? Only air stone & heater in QT & I never noticed any scales in the water during WC. :blink:

Could have been the air stone hun :) no worries just keep the water clean and and eye on him :) 

Like a hawk!!

:fishtank

51 minutes ago, titch said:

Like a hawk!!

:fishtank

:teehee

Glad he is doing better.

Thanks DawnMichele. Can't wait for him to be back in the main tank :D

On 2/20/2017 at 5:08 PM, koko said:

Update...

He's been in clean water only for almost a week. No sore red patches like we were experiencing early on but...

...he does have a couple of pimples on his wen, the patch on his belly is still the dirty yellow/pink/orange (but not sure if this is just his colouring and completely normal) and his tail is sill streaky in places with a few red patches in places and a couple of lumps on the leading edge. Scales are still missing on his right. Will these grow back with time?

The pimple he had on his chin (see photos above posted on Monday) has cleared up.

Images below taken this morning. Next steps please??

Note: I'm updating my thread on Piggy with regards to PH in the main tank. May need considering if you suggest putting Winston back in the main tank.

IMG_3267_zpsekjzztw7.jpg

IMG_3271_zpsxavldsjh.jpg

IMG_3272_zpsdg4z3iw7.jpg

IMG_3280_zpsx6ajvmub.jpg

IMG_3281_zpsttzqxe22.jpg

IMG_3283_zpsoiv0ki05.jpg

IMG_3286_zpssyrboeku.jpg

What is the Ph in this tank?

18 hours ago, koko said:

What is the Ph in this tank?

Following 100% WC last night, ph is at 8.2 this morning. 

Photos below taken just now. I see redness on his belly returning & the pimple on his wen is bigger today. His tail is looking a little more opaque in places & a few more lumps and red streaks.

FCC41638-1A29-4CEC-A5BF-260692D642C8_zps

4C40F24B-DA9F-496B-AE7F-2B1F3F47AE3B_zps

F099A7EC-D195-48C5-B9AE-6BFF8257D200_zps

B215F346-D6AE-4B5C-9607-F7235956623D_zps

1354DD60-C15E-499F-9CA2-9B45F1BB6EB0_zps

A2F1AF46-A3B0-4243-9C0A-3BE2AFB8F387_zps

9692A118-27BF-48E3-BBEF-428C8E7F5AF9_zps