marka83

Growth Above Gill

Test Results for the Following:* Ammonia Level(Tank) - 0ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tank) - 0ppm

* Nitrate level(Tank) - 10-20ppm

* Ammonia Level(Tap) - 0ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tap) - 0ppm

* Nitrate level(Tap) - 5-10ppm

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) - 7.4 - 7.6 KH/GH test off chart

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) - 7.4-7.6

Other Required Info:* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? - API Drops

* Water temperature? - 70 degrees F

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 130 gal for three months, affected fish transferred from old 47 gal tank running for two years.

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? - 1) Aquaclear 110 2) Cascade 1000

* How often do you change the water and how much? Weekly, 40-50%

* * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? - Today

* * How many fish in the tank and their size? - Three goldfish and two Siamese algae eaters. Two smaller goldfish are about 2-2.5 inches, algae eaters are a similar size. Jasper is about 5-5.5 inches measure to base of rear fin.

* * What kind of water additives or conditioners? - Prime, K2SO4, KH2PO4, CSM+B, Excel

* * What do you feed your fish and how often? - NLS twice daily, blood worms once to twice a week, blanched spinach when I have it.

* * Any new fish added to the tank? - no

* * Any medications added to the tank? - no

* * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. - One does of Prazi a couple months ago.

* * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? - There is a growth which appears to be protruding through the scales above fish left gill plate. Growth is smooth, slightly whiter orange hue than fish.

* * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? - all activity and appetite normal.

68ff559b63ff788a2a9652346be395e7.jpg

565c9d2d240d8c14def42647e19c492b.jpg

c8ec98eaab852e3d25bca3fe2750e1ae.jpg

9cc61a9cca1bf3d63785d969dff91e0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

See what others say but that looks to be a tumor :(

Ive had a couple fish with tumors and it looks like that to me as well. Did it grow quickly or slowly?

Looks like a tumor to me, as well.

Also see what looks like another one showing up on his side.

Edited by mjfromga

That's what I suspected after research.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The tumor probably won't bother the fish at all.  It just looks ugly.  You can remove it, but it probably will grow back.  

It's just a lumpy lump. You'll need a professional to help you remove it. Here's a video:

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk